• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder Appreciation Topic
1 1

270 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Do you think the 300 sequel would've been any good if he directed it?

No, because Frank Miller hadn't written Xerxes yet(the proper sequel to 300), so Snyder would have had to come up with a concept himself. I think when Zack Snyder is left to his own devices too much, he gets in trouble. Sucker Punch wasn't great.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

Just now, kagenish said:

i feel we missed out on an amazing JL movie with the way he been releasing photos and behind the scenes. 

I have been swooning over the Snyder Cut ever since the confirmed changes between his movie and Whedon's.

Backstory for the 3 brand new characters, Batman learning about the Mother Boxes from Lex instead of an exploding Parademon, no depressed/suicidal/sacrificial Batman, Superman in his black regeneration suit then choosing to don his hero garb before flying to the 3rd Act, Darkseid killing Steppenwolf, etc etc etc.

Snyder deserved the opportunity to finish his Superman trilogy. The fans have suffered due to Warner Bros' greed and stupidity.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

No, because Frank Miller hadn't written Xerxes yet(the proper sequel to 300), so Snyder would have had to come up with a concept himself. I think when Zack Snyder is left to his own devices too much, he gets in trouble. Sucker Punch wasn't great.

Yeah... I've never heard a good thing about Sucker Punch. Zack Snyder's forte is visual storytelling. 

I do like Zach Snyder's visual style as a director. He brings a god-like presence to the main DC characters that reminds me a bit of Alex Ross. He seemed to have discovered it in 300, and brought the style to Watchmen (which I hated) and the DC movies, which was fitting. The mistake for me was making Kal El too complex a character and logic issues.

Zack Snyder posted on VEVO this week the original plan for Justice League 1's ending was Wonder Woman cutting off Steppenwolf's head for what he did to Themyscira. Which is why Darkseid ends up having to step in.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Zack Snyder posted on VEVO this week the original plan for Justice League 1's ending was Wonder Woman cutting off Steppenwolf's head for what he did to Themyscira. Which is why Darkseid ends up having to step in.

That would have been cool.  I mean Wonder Woman is from a society of warriors so I think it would have fit in well.  I still don't get all the people that bemoan the fact that Superman killed Zod, I mean hell he straight up killed Zod and his crew in the comics back in the 80s so it isn't like it was "out of the blue".

On 7/17/2019 at 11:15 AM, TwoPiece said:

Again with the "not my Superman" BS.

Man of Steel is a "what if Superman was real in the 21st Century" origin story - and it's perfect.

'Your' Superman started being a hero in the 1930's. Get over that character that doesn't fit into today's world.

imo, declaring mos perfect is an indictment of one's movie-critiquing ability.   and i like mos.

53 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

imo, declaring mos perfect is an indictment of one's movie-critiquing ability.   and i like mos.

Man of Steel is a perfect adaptation of 'what if Superman was real in the 21st century'. I'm not claiming that it's a "perfect movie". Context matters.

I'd actually like to know what non-Superman/comic fans think of MoS. I don't really know anyone who isn't familiar with vintage Supes.

4 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Man of Steel is a perfect adaptation of 'what if Superman was real in the 21st century'. I'm not claiming that it's a "perfect movie". Context matters.

I'd actually like to know what non-Superman/comic fans think of MoS. I don't really know anyone who isn't familiar with vintage Supes.

When MoS came out I saw it on my own first.  Then like two weeks later my sister wanted me to go with her and my niece (age 13) and nephew (age 11).  My sister had seen the old Chris Reeves movies (she liked 1 and 2, though 3 and 4 were horrible like most people).  She never saw the Brandon Routh one.  Also she was not a comic book person, she new I collected them but that was it.  Anyway she and the kids really liked MoS and thought Cavill made an excellent Superman.  They totally got why he had to kill Zod.

Fast forward a few years and I went with them to the theatrical release of BvS, much like me (and a lot of other people in the world) they thought it sucked and was disjointed.  Few months later I took the Ultimate Cut of BvS to their house and made them watch it.  All three of them agreed it was excellent and so much better than what was released to the theaters.  My sister asked why that one wasn't shown at the theater and all I could do was shrug.

Fast forward a few more years and they didn't even bother to see Justice League in theaters, after hearing my review of it they decided to wait to watch it once it hit Redbox.  After they watched it my sister said she wished she had never seen it, even for a couple dollars she felt as if she overpaid.  I asked her what was her biggest problem with the movie and she said it was like two completely different films were made and then jammed together in some short of horrible Frankenstein monster movie.

2 hours ago, media_junkie said:

When MoS came out I saw it on my own first.  Then like two weeks later my sister wanted me to go with her and my niece (age 13) and nephew (age 11).  My sister had seen the old Chris Reeves movies (she liked 1 and 2, though 3 and 4 were horrible like most people).  She never saw the Brandon Routh one.  Also she was not a comic book person, she new I collected them but that was it.  Anyway she and the kids really liked MoS and thought Cavill made an excellent Superman.  They totally got why he had to kill Zod.

Fast forward a few years and I went with them to the theatrical release of BvS, much like me (and a lot of other people in the world) they thought it sucked and was disjointed.  Few months later I took the Ultimate Cut of BvS to their house and made them watch it.  All three of them agreed it was excellent and so much better than what was released to the theaters.  My sister asked why that one wasn't shown at the theater and all I could do was shrug.

Fast forward a few more years and they didn't even bother to see Justice League in theaters, after hearing my review of it they decided to wait to watch it once it hit Redbox.  After they watched it my sister said she wished she had never seen it, even for a couple dollars she felt as if she overpaid.  I asked her what was her biggest problem with the movie and she said it was like two completely different films were made and then jammed together in some short of horrible Frankenstein monster movie.

Thanks for the stories!

For a movie with "Justice" in its title - Warner Bros certainly didn't do it any justice.