• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2019 - Original Art pics
1 1

413 posts in this topic

Don't ask me for prices if they're not marked; I didn't ask for any tonight. I'm NOT at the show on Thursday so don't ask me to get any prices unless you want me to ask the animals at the Safari Park, because that's where I'll be. 

GET OFF MY LAWN

Burkey had a lot of great twice up covers, Thibodeaux had the great Kirby Cap cover above, but, I think this huge commission that someone had Barry do (if memory serves, the image is the last panel of Conan 15) was the one that really struck me the most.

Thibodeaux said he bought it about 30 years ago but that it was done way before that. It is huge, and it is GORGEOUS. Though, at $125K, it's like double the price of an average Conan cover from his run these days... :cry:

20190717_190453.thumb.jpg.523a7a3c6821aa8bb07dce043dcdaec8.jpg

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Don't ask me for prices if they're not marked; I didn't ask for any tonight. I'm NOT at the show on Thursday so don't ask me to get any prices unless you want me to ask the animals at the Safari Park, because that's where I'll be. 

GET OFF MY LAWN

Thanks for all the great pics Gene!

3 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

Thanks Gene!

I will be attending Sunday when all the art is gone - but you know this is my habit, yes?

Was the Conan 15 recreation painting with Mike T or elsewhere?

Don't worry.  At $250k, I'll bet that the Kirby Captain America #103 cover will still be there...

39 minutes ago, vodou said:

It's so much more fun to look at the art than the prices anyway. Nice pictures Gene, thanks for sharing.

It's funny - I used to be able to afford all of it.  Now I can't afford any of it.  WTF happened????  (shrug)  :cry: