• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2019 - Original Art pics
1 1

413 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Will_K said:

It looks like @artdealer actually has printed descriptions/prices on the art.  So... yay. 

Sorry but I think it's the minimum required when selling art. And you can at least take the time to write down artist, series, issue number, any conditions issues worth mentioning. That's your job as a dealer. As it is to be able to send PDF invoices.   

3 minutes ago, Comic Art Factory said:

Sorry but I think it's the minimum required when selling art. And you can at least take the time to write down artist, series, issue number, any conditions issues worth mentioning. That's your job as a dealer. As it is to be able to send PDF invoices.   

Minimum required by whom?   Sorry but this comes off like sour grapes.   WTF do you care .   Buy it, or don’t.   

Hah. I’ve seen postits as price tags on all kinds of stuff at shows and conventions going back 25 years.

But don’t worry, they’re just about to do things different for ya. Just you wait...

(Feel free to hold breath)

Edited by ESeffinga

The particular dealer in question, or their Brother, well it just doesn't matter. Nobody is paying their prices anyway.

Seriously, show of hands: who's pulled out cash and bought from The Brothers? Not your inflated trade for theirs, no, I mean actual hard cash. Who?

Nobody.

I agree--I don't care how a price is portrayed (post-it vs printed), as long as something is actually priced and doesn't fluctuate based on who is asking. 

Dos Bros. obviously use post-its so they can make a change on the fly if they have to.

20 minutes ago, Ironmandrd said:

I agree--I don't care how a price is portrayed (post-it vs printed), as long as something is actually priced and doesn't fluctuate based on who is asking. 

Dos Bros. obviously use post-its so they can make a change on the fly if they have to.

Maybe i'm strange, but I believe if you own something, you can price it however you want.  and we get to choose to buy it or not.  What I dislike is that there's a lack of disclosure on exactly what you may be buying and if it's been tampered with at all.

Be honest with what i'm buying and i'm a big boy, i can make my decision.  Lie / withhold and there's an issue.

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Seriously, show of hands: who's pulled out cash and bought from The Brothers? Not your inflated trade for theirs, no, I mean actual hard cash. Who?

Nobody.

🖐️ (2003)

Edited by Matches_Malone

20 minutes ago, vodou said:

So nearly break-even then? Err...maybe next year?!

It wasn't a bad outcome at the end.  Agreed to  Purchased 3 pieces  at a discount. 
Capullo X Force, Denys Cowan Tec 600 unpublished cover and  Ian Churchill Cable Cover. 

2 hours ago, vodou said:

The particular dealer in question, or their Brother, well it just doesn't matter. Nobody is paying their prices anyway.

Nobody.

Actually, I once bought one. It was a few hundred over market, I think, but frankly, the market for buyers of Phantom Stranger art is what I would call “petite”, and they were probably happy to sell it.

40 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

Maybe i'm strange, but I believe if you own something, you can price it however you want.  and we get to choose to buy it or not.  What I dislike is that there's a lack of disclosure on exactly what you may be buying and if it's been tampered with at all.

Be honest with what i'm buying and i'm a big boy, i can make my decision.  Lie / withhold and there's an issue.

well that's a whole different kettle of fish and one that the Bros are unfortunately guilty of (as covered by multiple threads).

5 hours ago, vodou said:

Seriously, show of hands: who's pulled out cash and bought from The Brothers?

Me.  1991.  Flash 226 page 8 GL backup story by Adams / Giordano.  The last page to the first half of the mushroom story.  The second half was all Giordano.  $ 260.00  (no comma).

6 hours ago, vodou said:

Nobody.

They must be raising cash from somewhere to fly out to SD with their stock, rent their space, pay for their hotel, etc.

51 minutes ago, tth2 said:

They must be raising cash from somewhere to fly out to SD with their stock, rent their space, pay for their hotel, etc.

I was under the impression from previous threads that they were the consignors of the $600k “Master Race” art? If so, they’ve been using that money to outbid smaller collectors for smaller items so they can jack up the prices. (I’ve been the only concerned/incensed about this) Also, gives them more room for these expenses. 

On 7/18/2019 at 4:00 PM, Panelfan1 said:

In light of the recent felix podcast talking about a group of art dealers bidding on a huge mountain of lots at heritage and then seeking a lot of the art at dealer booths - it's clear the market is manipulated when it comes to older art and makes me wonder how big a factor that is? As these dealers exit the market - will  that allow prices to fall?

20190717_200309.jpg

20190717_200044.jpg

20190717_195009.jpg

20190717_175505.jpg

20190717_194939.jpg

20190717_194931.jpg

20190717_175518.jpg

20190717_175511.jpg

20190717_184015.jpg

20190717_183928.jpg

20190717_194012.jpg

20190717_194008.jpg

20190717_191045.jpg

20190717_184051.jpg

20190717_182455.jpg

20190717_182025.jpg

20190717_181628.jpg

20190717_180056.jpg

20190717_183730.jpg

20190717_175526.jpg

20190717_195216.jpg

20190717_195118.jpg

20190717_175817.jpg

20190717_175646.jpg

20190717_200040.jpg

20190717_175536.jpg

20190717_195335.jpg

20190717_175530.jpg

who is selling that wolvie cover 101?

Edited by blizzardtonight

11 hours ago, vodou said:

Nobody.

Time to come out of the closet.  I did.  Recently.  4 figure piece.  The piece is from an artist that has done very little work for Marvel and only two issues for that particular character.  Difficult to price.  My judgement was that the price asked (after a small discount that was offered for year-end sales) was "reasonable" - or rather should I say was within a range I was willing to pay for that particular piece.  I may be right, I may be wrong, I will probably never know because not much comparable stuff is out there.  For the record, very pleasant buying experience (I thought it is only fair to mention it).

Carlo