• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2019 - Original Art pics
1 1

413 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, glendgold said:

Very nice piece, and inked by Alcala (as per when it sold at HA in 2016 along with a bunch of other Kirby/Alcala animation pieces).

Thanks for confirming G...I knew it wasn't all Kirby from the art. Thanks to you I know who else did some work.

7 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

GrapeApe, love the Thing pin-up!

Not so sure about the Thor piece, tho. Great stuff, though! I went to the con in 2010, and saw more OA than I have before or since, combined! Have fun!

Kirby and Alacala! Thanks Glen Gold for the info.

7 hours ago, vodou said:

Love the joyface!

image.thumb.png.66f24409108d01e9d4d2c8a82e502b19.png

Ex-Gene Collection, right?

Yep, traded it as part of a deal for something I wanted much more...I miss the cover but zero regrets. 

Edited by delekkerste

9 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Yep, traded it as part of a deal for something I wanted much more...I miss the cover but zero regrets. 

Wow...you really are sticking to that collecting window. Will you later be sharing the piece you traded for? Is it Defenders 125 :bigsmile:?

6 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Wow...you really are sticking to that collecting window. Will you later be sharing the piece you traded for? Is it Defenders 125 :bigsmile:?

No, still looking for Defenders 125! :idea:

If I ever get that cover, I will post it!

No plans to share what I traded the 299 for...I was told that the first rule of this particular ownership club is that you do not talk about being in this particular club. :insane:

4 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Anybody see any Phantom Stranger pieces (or art with the character in it)?

Yup, I have an Andru/Esposito page from Brave and Bold 89 page for sale. 

41 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

No plans to share what I traded the 299 for...I was told that the first rule of this particular ownership club is that you do not talk about being in this particular club. :insane:

52 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Maybe it’s not art at all. Maybe it’s John’s drum set :headbang:

Nonetheless, cheers :tink:

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

Guess we should cancel the club dinner at the St Regis then.

Edited by AnkurJ

Just now, Bronty said:

I, for one, am against censorship. 

It was an editorial decision, and the correct one. The character is not supposed to be a bust size HHH... 

11 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

It was an editorial decision, and the correct one. The character is not supposed to be a bust size HHH... 

F or G at most.   ;) Which isn’t THAT crazy in this day of enhanced busts.   They are drawn with projection as though fake as opposed to lower hanging as though natural.   More fullness in the upper pole of the chest.  

So Betty had a little help at the doctor’s office.   Is she not allowed to be happy Gene?   I respect her decision to alter her body in a way that makes her happy 🤗

Edited by Bronty

7 minutes ago, Bronty said:

F or G at most.    Which isn’t THAT crazy in this day of enhanced busts.   They are drawn with projection as though fake as opposed to lower hanging as though natural.   More fullness in the upper pole of the chest. 

So Betty had a little help at the doctor’s office.   Is she not allowed to be happy Gene?   I respect her decision to alter her body in a way that makes her happy 🤗

Sho nuff . . . 

70ac08d6470c7864d8124b3a9839178f.jpg