• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2019 - Original Art pics
1 1

413 posts in this topic

On 7/31/2019 at 7:30 PM, batman_fan said:

No, Dailies have been commanding a high price of over $15k (average is closer to $20k) for well over 10 years.  You see some sales below that amount, but definitely not the norm.  The exact price depends on the number of characters and the content of the strip.  A Charlie Brown, Schroder, and Snoopy strip from 1957 sold for just under $60k a week ago.  I would say stuff from the 1950s sells for $30k as a floor and 1960s for $20k as a floor.  There are exceptions but in general.

A side note, I have observed for whatever reason, Peanut pieces on HA always see the real "action" during live bidding.

:acclaim:Final hammers line up with my floor estimates.  The 1960s pieces were stronger than normal.

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 4.50.05 PM.png

Edited by batman_fan

34 minutes ago, tth2 said:

You won all of these?! :whatthe:

No, Prices lined up with my floor estimates.  That allI can afford to do these days, guess prices.  I updated my original post to avoid confusion.

Edited by batman_fan

On 8/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, exitmusicblue said:

As promised, the two before-they-got-to-SDCC pickups.  My first Romita Srs... collected these selfsame cards when I was 8.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1567624

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1567623

Cool. That Spidey was on a my want list for a very long time. But when they finally popped up I wasn’t ready—or perhaps willing—to pay the price. The Goblin is also great. 

15 hours ago, grapeape said:

Hanging up on the walls of Torpedo Comics in Vegas. Employees say the owner paid $200,000. New owner could be open to offers.

Sure, I'll offer...$100K to buy it back. :idea: