• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC 2019 - Original Art pics
1 1

413 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, wincen said:

Hi there

Can anybody tell me who is the man in the Star Wars t-shirt in the last picture above?

Is he a dealer with a website...? thanks

Dont know that guy - but the booth is Kwan chang's

4 minutes ago, Bronty said:

to this day I still haven't read Camelot 3000, which must be where this was from, but that's an awesome piece.

It is not from that. Albert told me what it was but I honestly dont recall.  There is a demon is at the bottom if you look close.  I have zero interest in the title - but the art is a true thing of beauty with awesome line work and rendering that screams Bolland when you look at it.

Edited by Panelfan1

11 hours ago, batman_fan said:

If this was one of his "hot chicks", I would say swing and a miss.  The image is so simplistic and the proportions are pretty off.  I think most of the  Betty and Veronica images are "hotter" but I like John Buscema so take my opinion with a grain of salt.  lol

Betty and Veronica eh?   You're dating yourself! ;)    (Betty for the win by a mile).

3 hours ago, vodou said:

Third-rate MTU covers for between 10 and 20k...uh huh.Go Quasar!

image.thumb.png.307417360218c55d9a6b205d904d3f1d.png

Sort of makes the Kane Cap look like a steal, no? Right. I'm sticking with my prelim ;)

image.png.edd85d0b222c374e9b554c26dd70bec7.png

My thoughts exactly on those third rate covers. When did this happen?

3 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

The Brothers have had that Cap cover since the mid-90s (at least, probably even earlier). The MTU is more recent, from HA iirc. The prices...at that booth...always 3-5x whatever market sanity is.

33 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Those prices are really nuts.  I mean, they're as much or more than some early '70s Avengers covers have gone for recently, that great all-Gulacy MOKF cover that sold at HA last year, most pre-#100 Buscema Conan covers, etc. 

The Marvel team-up #84 cover was 12 K 5 years ago, now 22.5 K. More than absurd. The Brothers did it again. 

And I still don't understand how "art dealers" can dare to offer pieces with no prices shown or barely drawn on post-it papers, Just seems like we're at the flea market, hesitating between a 3$ book and a 5$ one, but no w'ere talking dozens of thousands of dollars pieces and they can't manage to print stickers, really ?. This shady part of the comic art business makes it impossible for many potential new customers to come aboard.  

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

My understanding is Veronica was a bit more “freaky” if you get my point :banana:

Hmmm that does alter the dynamics.

1 hour ago, Comic Art Factory said:

The Marvel team-up #84 cover was 12 K 5 years ago, now 22.5 K. More than absurd. The Brothers did it again. 

And I still don't understand how "art dealers" can dare to offer pieces with no prices shown or barely drawn on post-it papers, Just seems like we're at the flea market, hesitating between a 3$ book and a 5$ one, but no w'ere talking dozens of thousands of dollars pieces and they can't manage to print stickers, really ?. This shady part of the comic art business makes it impossible for many potential new customers to come aboard.  

I don’t buy that.   

At the end of the day if you’ve got the art someone wants nobody cares about post it vs printed.

if it’s the comic they read when they were 11 or that their bad brought them home from 7-11 or whatever, none of that matters.

if it’s a piece you really enjoy by an artist you like, none of that matters.   It does look funny when you’re window shopping for pieces you aren’t going to buy anyways, but that’s not their customer. 

Edited by Bronty

4 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I don’t buy that.   

At the end of the day if you’ve got the art someone wants nobody cares about post it vs printed.

if it’s the comic they read when they were 11 or that their bad brought them home from 7-11 or whatever, none of that matters.

if it’s a piece you really enjoy by an artist you like, none of that matters.   It does look funny when you’re window shopping for pieces you aren’t going to buy anyways, but that’s not their customer. 

Oh come on, are you really summarizing it as post-it VS printed ? Have you ever seen anyone selling anything with post it as price tags ? One of the last show I waent to, half of the sellers didn't have prices on their art, and one of them had to think each time as he only had a price list of the prices he paid for these pieces. and on the same day, he gave me different asking prices on some pieces. And he's been selling art for more than 20 years. Sorry but I can't stand that personnally. and I really hope that in a few years time, these shenanigans will not exist anymore. And yes, I know many people that this absence of clear pricing make them reluctant to start a comic art collection.