• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TATs are becoming laughably inaccurate

6 posts in this topic

I get that its Con season and turn around times are longer but CGC also knows its Con season so TATs should at least somewhat reflect that and they aren't. I submitted an Express tier press and grade (total 15 business days according to website) almost a month ago and its still in the "Recieved" stage. It took them almost two weeks just to enter into their system. I know this is sounding more like nothing but a rant but I am genuinely curious as to whether others are experiencing this same level of delay? 220 bucks to get my book back seemingly 2-3 months later is unacceptable in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Darkwing7869 said:

I get that its Con season and turn around times are longer but CGC also knows its Con season so TATs should at least somewhat reflect that and they aren't. I submitted an Express tier press and grade (total 15 business days according to website) almost a month ago and its still in the "Recieved" stage. It took them almost two weeks just to enter into their system. I know this is sounding more like nothing but a rant but I am genuinely curious as to whether others are experiencing this same level of delay? 220 bucks to get my book back seemingly 2-3 months later is unacceptable in my opinion.

There is a 554 page thread devoted to TATs in CG if you want to post there and also see how others are faring.

35 minutes ago, Darkwing7869 said:

You should have ponied up the extra couple hundred and paid for walk thru, even though it still takes a couple of weeks less shipping...

1 hour ago, Darkwing7869 said:

I recently did an Express with no problem. TAT was as advertised. 

Listed grading TAT's have been - overall - fairly accurate. I say fairly because with the Value and Economy tiers the TAT's for some of my submissions have grown literally weekly.  They are accurate now.  But the Value tier Submissions I did in March did not indicate four months. Back in March I think it was three months, maybe 2.5 months.  

Anytime you add or submit for pressing you increase the chances greatly of TAT's only being rough estimates. Graders can speed up a bit, write down fewer notes. Staff in encapsulation and shipping can work an extra few hours.  But cleaning and pressing books is skilled labor and exacting procedures. You DON'T WANT the people cleaning and pressing your books to hurry the F.. up.  So with pressing it is very much an estimate. If they get a big bunch of additional books in it's going to take longer.  Because they can't just throw more people in and they can't just hurry up and clean and press faster. 

The receiving thing is the only one that really causes me any - and it's minor - annoyance.  Three out of the five Saturdays I've received notices of books received. So CGC has the receiving staff working OT trying to get boxes opened and books into the workflow management system. 

I sent in a box of books in today. Sorta cringe at how long it might take with SDCC for them to get opened and moving. But I mean what can I or CGC do? The books were ready to go. My package will arrive Friday the 19th. But I just know that there will be a mountain of submissions that come in on the truck from SDCC on Monday or Tuesday.  So I'll  just have a drink a chill.