• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Leader's Report on his visit to the Virginia Comicon 13 July 2019

7 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

These reports provide future generations and historians insight into this era of comic book collecting and fandom. Great stuff that I look always look forward to!

That's a really good point! I hope they stay available to future comic fans.  (thumbsu

Second your nomination of Gene Carpenter as a VA Comicon favorite.  I've had the pleasure of recently meeting him and talking to him at several of the (almost) monthly comic & card shows in Annandale.  His collection of GA, SA, and especially 50's pre-code horror books in unrivaled.  He was kind enough to let me look at a pristine copy of Journey into Mystery #5, which I almost didn't even want to touch because it's in such great shape.  My kids are fascinated by his collection -- so much great stuff in such amazing condition.

Also had the pleasure of meeting Guy Rose at last month's Annandale con.  He sold me some beautiful SA ASMs for about 40% of Guide value.  Kicking myself for not raiding his bins more.......

Edited by RonS2112

Gene Carpenter always has great stuff, as does Rick F. and Banks. I know I'm a not the most social person in the world, but I'm surprised I have not run into The Leader out in the real world, considering how many of these guys I have been purchasing books from for years.