• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The NEW Overstreet 2019 w/TOP Golden Age Horror/Romance/Sci-Fi is Here
4 4

86 posts in this topic

The NEW 2019 Overstreet is here with the TOP Golden Age Horror/Romance/Sci-Fi books

Looks like Daring Love #1 has the biggest jump at %22 percent for Romance  (Giant comics edition #12 will always be number #1 lol)

Of all the Horror books listed i THINK (Tales of Terror Annual #1 and Crime Patrol #15 should be the only ones in there) add Black Cat #50, Punch #12 at least

Sci-Fi  (I think the future will treat these books extremely well) specially with us Humans venturing into Space.

What do you guys think of top ten sci-fi books?  Top ten most valuable horror? romance?

Here's the lists

IMG_E0071.JPG

IMG_E0069.JPG

..As far as Romance goes, while i'm a huge fan of the Forbidden Love run, it has lost luster in recent years, so I don't think it's a Top 10 book anymore.

There are other Baker Romance  books that would bring higher prices than GCE #'s 9, 13 and 15

And though none of the Negro Romance issues come to market often the series is still a seminal entry in the genre and deserves it's hallowed status :sumo:

1 hour ago, sagii said:

..As far as Romance goes, while i'm a huge fan of the Forbidden Love run, it has lost luster in recent years, so I don't think it's a Top 10 book anymore.

There are other Baker Romance  books that would bring higher prices than GCE #'s 9, 13 and 15

And though none of the Negro Romance issues come to market often the series is still a seminal entry in the genre and deserves it's hallowed status :sumo:

Thanks for the comment  @sagii Yes I think Cinderella Love #25 should be #2 or #3 on the list for sure on the Romance list

17 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

IMG_E0071.JPG

That Sci-Fi list is horrible. 

Adam Strange and Space Ranger? Really? Those are far less collected than some of the great Wally Wood and Frazetta Sci-Fi books. 

This just shows how little attention is paid to the updating of the values of these golden age books. 

And Man from Planet X? Mystery in Space 53? Major eye roll. 

Planet Comics 1 should be on there, and maybe at the top... and I dont even collect Planet comics! Contact #22, Captain Flight #11, Buster Crabbe #5, I could keep going...

7 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

That Sci-Fi list is horrible. 

Adam Strange and Space Ranger? Really? Those are far less collected than some of the great Wally Wood and Frazetta Sci-Fi books. 

This just shows how little attention is paid to the updating of the values of these golden age books. 

And Man from Planet X? Mystery in Space 53? Major eye roll. 

Planet Comics 1 should be on there, and maybe at the top... and I dont even collect Planet comics! Contact #22, Captain Flight #11, Buster Crabbe #5, I could keep going...

almost the entire Church Planet run that sold on Comicconnect in December had higher values than that Sci-Fi list

23 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I mean just a search of completed auctions on HA sorted by highest first, limited to Sci-Fi Genre makes a better list

1. Planet Comics 1
2. Captain Flight Comics #11
3. Weird Science Fantasy #29
4. Contact Comics #12
5. Weird Science #14
6. Weird Science Fantasy Annual #1
7. Space Adventures #13
8. Superworld Comics #1
9. Famous Funnies #213
10. Weird Science #12 (#1)

Much more timely list. The Overstreet list is seriously out of date.

17 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

almost the entire Church Planet run that sold on Comicconnect in December had higher values than that Sci-Fi list

The elephant in the room is that there needs to be some kind of official OSG acknowledgment of pedigree values as a higher percentage or multiple(s) of Guide as opposed to non-pedigreed books of equivalent grade.  This is difficult because not all pedigrees have been “created” equally, but it needs to be addressed.  That change alone would greatly benefit OSG as a book pricing reference, IMO.

43 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

I mean just a search of completed auctions on HA sorted by highest first, limited to Sci-Fi Genre makes a better list

1. Planet Comics 1
2. Captain Flight Comics #11
3. Weird Science Fantasy #29
4. Contact Comics #12
5. Weird Science #14
6. Weird Science Fantasy Annual #1
7. Space Adventures #13
8. Superworld Comics #1
9. Famous Funnies #213
10. Weird Science #12 (#1)

I'm surprised you of all people didn't notice the most egregious snub.  How is Startling 49 not on that list???