• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

List of Golden Age superheroines.

10 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Electricmastro said:

Out of curiosity, I decided to build a list of Golden Age female superheroes and this is the list so far. Feel free to point out anyone I missed:

1939 - Crimson Rider, Magician from Mars

1940 - Alice of the Winged People, Black Widow (Timely Comics), Fantomah, Invisible Scarlet O'Neil, Lady Luck, Mighty Woman, Miss X, Red Tornado, Woman in Red

1941 - Black Cat, Black Widow (Holyoke Publishing), Blue Lady, Bulletgirl, Flame Girl, Hawkgirl, Kitten, Lady Fairplay, Lady Satan (Harry 'A' Chesler), Madame Strange, Margo the Magician, Miss America (Quality Comics), Miss Fury, Miss Victory, Nelvana of the Northern Lights, Owl Girl, Pat Patriot, Phantom Lady, Ranger Girl, Rocketgirl, Silver Scorpion, Spider Queen, USA the Spirit of Old Glory, Wildfire, Wonder Woman

1942 - Black Angel, Girl Commandos, Liberty Belle, Lightning Girl, Mary Marvel, Señorita Rio, Spider Widow, The Wing

1943 - Black Orchid (Harvey Comics), Lady Satan (Harvey Comics), Miss America (Timely Comics), Miss Patriot, Superwoman

1944 - Black Orchid (Consolidated Book Publishers), Black Venus, Catgirl, Dotty Whirlwind, Purple Tigress, Spider Woman, Veiled Avenger, Will O' The Wisp

1945 - Comandette, Firehair, Freckles Marvel, Mysta of the Moon, Polka-Dot Pirate, Yankee Girl (Four Star Publications)

1946 - Blonde Phantom, Flame, Futura, Golden Girl (Spark Publications), Magga the Magnificent, Miss Fear, Miss Masque

1947 - Acromaid, Atoma, Black Canary, Electro Girl, Iron Lady, Marvel Maid, Moon Girl, Namora, Phantom Maid, Undercover Girl, Vampire, Yankee Girl (Harry 'A' Chesler)

1948 - The Cat, Elektra, Gimmick Girl, Golden Girl (Timely Comics), Sun Girl, Venus

1949 - Two-Gun Lil

1950 - Calamity Kate, Starlight, TNT Tina

1951 - Black Phantom, Corsair Queen, Doll Girl

1952 - Galaxy Gals

1953 - Zina of Koroka

1954 - Tomboy

Thank you for this, gonna spend a good while looking all of these up now.

9 minutes ago, szav said:

Thank you for this, gonna spend a good while looking all of these up now.

You're welcome. Think I should mention that there are quite a few I only found out about through the International Superheroes and Public Domain Super Heroes websites. For the sake of consistency, I used the English name of The Cat, which was originally "de Kat" in the Netherlands. Same case for Dotty Whirlwind (or "Dotty Virvelvind" in Sweden). The British Golden Age heroes are also pretty obscure.

svMZZ7E.png

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/g/goldenag.htm