• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you spare a grade

21 posts in this topic

5E94549B-3884-4769-9FF2-94F59C22E86C.thumb.jpeg.37fa16591c1adffc8ca44570a0a540cd.jpegSo I just picked this up today for my personal collection I don’t have many books but this is one I always wanted I have another one but in bad condition and when I saw this one I had to get it so I’m im wondering what you guys think about it’s condition and your opinion on it’s grade ? From what I can see and from what I was told it looks like someone might have done a lil bit of color touch on the coverimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

F5941405-A026-4E98-A407-134569902F4B.jpeg

71E4BC7D-252F-4A6A-82BD-94FC24C3F9E5.jpeg

85E0A8EB-9A23-4385-B0A2-6694D9A0D513.jpeg

5E94549B-3884-4769-9FF2-94F59C22E86C.jpeg

23D833F7-2596-4779-B5F1-FA315FDC6491.jpeg

3F601735-46CA-4B8B-9F2E-5293498BE3F1.jpeg

5B1E6BE2-AE04-4D65-B1A5-85DC39ED6B1A.jpeg

Edited by Pedro87
it added duplicate pictures

So in your opinion what grade do you think it could be ?? I would like to send it in to get it graded by cgc but not sure yet 

Edited by Pedro87
Sentenced didn’t make sense

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

I'll wager 5.0. Also looks like colour touch due to bleed through on the front cover. Pretty sure CGC would note that and you would not get a blue label which sucks. 

Yea I was told it was colored touched you can tell like you stated due to the bleed and if you see the bottom right corner you can see a mark where they colored 

I was thinking 5.5 - 6.0 but with colour touch you would probably get a purple label unless you have it removed but they will scrap it off and potential with bleed through remove a lot of paper not sure if bleed through Colour touch could be scrapped off and count towards a blue label. Definitely a question to ask CCS.  but if you have to scraped off it will drop the grade.

I wonder if I can use an electric eraser on the interior of the cover for the bleed ?? Do you think that would work ? But even so even if it’s possible I think I would still not get a blue label due to the front cover if you look on the bottom right corner by the corner of the desk there’s a mark going upwards toward the edge of the comic 

Edited by Pedro87

1 hour ago, Pedro87 said:

Oh alright I’ll leave it as is to avoid damaging it thanks .

since its for your personal collection and it has colour touch I would store it in a mylar and acid free board. If you wanted to sell it you would probably want to get a blue label as that is the most desired label and gives more on a return and if you go that route you would have to consult CCS or a pro on if they can remove the CT and get a blue label. 

Well Pedro, while that appears to be a relatively small amount of amateur color touch, let there be no doubt that you would get a purple label if you submitted this book to CGC. And if you elect to have it scraped off, it's going to be very noticeable on that dark cover. Did the seller disclose the color touch to you before you purchased it? If not, you have a valid claim for returning it. Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed---there's a reason it's called the Purple Label Of Death...  :ohnoez:

9 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Well Pedro, while that appears to be a relatively small amount of amateur color touch, let there be no doubt that you would get a purple label if you submitted this book to CGC. And if you elect to have it scraped off, it's going to be very noticeable on that dark cover. Did the seller disclose the color touch to you before you purchased it? If not, you have a valid claim for returning it. Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed---there's a reason it's called the Purple Label Of Death...  :ohnoez:

Yes he informed me of it but I took the chance in getting it . I actually got it yesterday but I got lucky today I found a better copy today and purchased it and I traded this one with the color touch to a friend of mine for a book he has that I been wanting As well . So a win win for me I believe 

8 hours ago, Pedro87 said:

Yes he informed me of it but I took the chance in getting it . I actually got it yesterday but I got lucky today I found a better copy today and purchased it and I traded this one with the color touch to a friend of mine for a book he has that I been wanting As well . So a win win for me I believe 

Nicely done!   :golfclap:

23 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
23 hours ago, Pedro87 said:

I wonder if I can use an electric eraser on the interior of the cover for the bleed ?? Do you think that would work ? 

No.

Electric Eraser. Wasn't that a 60s psychadelic rock band? 

Spoiler

By the way, I don't have a grade (or a square for that matter) to spare. 

Edited by Jeffro™