• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SDCC Couch Tour 2019 - No Lines for Drinks or Bathroom Waits
3 3

88 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, thehumantorch said:
8 hours ago, Senormac said:

:popcorn:  Got my couch all set up.....  

That's a love seat dude....

:popcorn:

Mrs. Senormac agrees :grin:

My first SDCC Couch Tour purchase... they were announced and put up for preorder... so... I get this shipped to me in December... (Free shipping at least and at retail so no need for a trip to the store) 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/tra-gen-wfc-deluxe-crosshairs

407871_TRA_GEN_WFC_WV5_F19_CROSSHAIRS_RE407871_TRA_GEN_WFC_WV5_F19_CROSSHAIRS_RE

I went to SDCC in 2004 and 2006 (Fogels underground guide) and have been couch surfing since. Back then I'd have $600 cash, "$1000" in trade & a whole mess of Hilton rewards. Splitting time between two booths to earn my badge, pulled a volunteer shift at Mile High once watching for theft for a badge & $60 cash (bought a $50 Vaughn Bode book that I still have), and ate nothing! My surfing technique was to pack my bag with cold Cokes and Snickers and then feed the booths where I surfed / shopped. 

The best was all the people in and out of the underground comix party in Dan Fogel's room, buying S Clay Wilson Ketel Ones at the Marriott bar, and getting to ink a small corner of a Mark Texeira Wolverine page (he was working away while everyone raged around him). 

As far as this year? The Spawn #299 SDCC variant ($10, limit 2 per day) is an easy flip at $40-50. 

Spawn299_SDCC_c6815a0147f8285e3b5042ebb3626151.jpg.4c31739f9564d991b556406bd360103e.jpg

10 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

I went to SDCC in 2004 and 2006 (Fogels underground guide) and have been couch surfing since. Back then I'd have $600 cash, "$1000" in trade & a whole mess of Hilton rewards. Splitting time between two booths to earn my badge, pulled a volunteer shift at Mile High once watching for theft for a badge & $60 cash (bought a $50 Vaughn Bode book that I still have), and ate nothing! My surfing technique was to pack my bag with cold Cokes and Snickers and then feed the booths where I surfed / shopped. 

The best was all the people in and out of the underground comix party in Dan Fogel's room, buying S Clay Wilson Ketel Ones at the Marriott bar, and getting to ink a small corner of a Mark Texeira Wolverine page (he was working away while everyone raged around him). 

As far as this year? The Spawn #299 SDCC variant ($10, limit 2 per day) is an easy flip at $40-50. 

Spawn299_SDCC_c6815a0147f8285e3b5042ebb3626151.jpg.4c31739f9564d991b556406bd360103e.jpg

last few have sold for over $200

48 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Limit 2 per day? :roflmao: All 500 barely lasted 2 hours.

15 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Here is the Official Figure of SDCC: Couch Tour 

Big Lebowski Thor...

UNfortunately it is a build a figure .... so if you want it you have to pick up all the figures behind it... 

IMG_1484.jpeg

ahh man now I want this dang it

14 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot...

Warning to those with sensitive ears... this has salty language. 

oh nice.. definitely will have to watch this one in theatre's 

12 hours ago, wombat said:

Hope this is OK to post. Thread on statue forums that always has great statue pics. 

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=166760

I liked most of the marvel one come on how can people not think gambit isn't badass look at that statue. badass....

eSOVO5g.jpg

I don't know what it is but these DC ones didn't really grab my attention much. Does anyone think the same. I preferred the Marvel ones more. Although I am not a statue guy but if I find that wolverine one or gambit one might have to get it. Damnit another thing I will probably be sucked into lol 

B4zzclJ.jpg

UsI5Ueo.jpg

1 hour ago, SeniorSurfer said:

Here's a link showing (blurry pics notwithstanding) some attendees in costume :  https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2476759/some-of-the-best-2019-comic-con-cosplay-pictures-so-far

love the monty python one. I still laugh every time I see the squire with the coconuts.. 

image.thumb.png.23d94289d5d100600a61f39757523257.png

Hoping we see some comic related Marvel Legends today, like retro X-Men. GSX 1 Storm would be my #1 want, followed by Thunderbird and Banshee. I don't collect movie related figs, so all of that stuff they showed yesterday is a pass for me, which is fine, because my wallet has been hopping lately with ML junk. Would be nice to have a break!

As for the Sideshow stuff, Dejah Thoris is lovely. If the production pieces are as nice as the proto (not likely, but you never know) then that'll be a must buy. 

Also, I don't normally go for the Mythos stuff, but that Alien Mythos statue is bizarre enough that I may have to pick it up. It's all kinds of creepy.

Back to boobs, I'm not really a NTT guy, but that Starfire is also a pants exciter, so I may need it. I'm glad the sculptors finally found a new model. Felt like they used the same chick for Rogue, Ivy, White Queen, maybe a couple of more. Was kinda getting tired of her face.

Juggernaut is massive, man it would pair up nice with the Colossus, but at around $2k for the pair they're gonna have to be nigh perfect. But I do really dig that extra Kitty piece. Nice touch.