• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How will small corner tear affect the grade?

5 posts in this topic

I have a pretty clean copy of Deadpools secret wars #2 I want to get graded however when I received it I noticed it has a small tear in the bottom left corner. How do you think it will affect the grade and do you think I should submit it?

IMG_20190719_105802.jpg

IMG_20190719_105519.jpg

4 hours ago, tocs123 said:

Thanks for your help! I'm a huge Gwenpool fan/collector and that variant issue cover is her first appearance, so I want a CGC copy for my collection.

Fair enough! However, have you considered buying an already-CGC'd 9.8 copy of this book? Or is that not within your budget? I only ask because most Moderns aren't worth having a graded copy below NM/M.

7 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Fair enough! However, have you considered buying an already-CGC'd 9.8 copy of this book? Or is that not within your budget? I only ask because most Moderns aren't worth having a graded copy below NM/M.

This. For this book and because of his collecting goal, the OP should buy a CGC 9.8. Maybe even a 9.9 if there are any available.

Edited by James J Johnson