• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The AWAX 2019 SDCC Report

102 posts in this topic

You wanted the best.. but this ain’t it 

its my yearly SDCC report ... fell free to thread Krap, comment , insult me etc... but don’t be a spoon .. this thread, like every year .. is MY SDCC experience.  Everyone has a different way of seeing things.  This is my way.  

Seems like a few new kids around here .. so before you ask,.. I usually don’t do SDCC sales threads. And this is one of them ..  this stuff isn’t for sale 

let’s rock.

Edited by Awax

2 minutes ago, Awax said:

I went to the Campbell booth first ( pics to come ) first because thats where the shuttle drops me off at, that end of the con.  But after I went directly to Skybound and grabbed one of these ... one of the main things I wanted this year.  

24473ph.jpg

Was it random which number you received of 192?

4 minutes ago, Awax said:

@Crops068 yes. Random.  

I think anyone who got one should just be happy to get one. They sold out fast. 

Glad to hear that they did it random.  Figured it would go quick.

Edited by Crops068
Question answered below

From the image booth I got this. 

The spawn 299 sold out FAST .. matter of fact... seems hot books are going like hasbro and Funko.  If you don't get there the min the con opens.. you are prob out of luck.   I never get there until later so I usually don’t get those books. 

1zxaxcx.jpg

20 minutes ago, Awax said:

I went to the Campbell booth first ( pics to come ) first because thats where the shuttle drops me off at, that end of the con.  But after I went directly to Skybound and grabbed one of these ... one of the main things I wanted this year.  

24473ph.jpg

Rubbish :)  

Around 1 I ate lunch.  When I was done I remember I had forgot to drop off the books I brought for CGC to grade. Just around 10 moderns. Nothing special. A Thursday at around 2 seemed like a good time to hit the booth anyway.. less traffic 

i walked  over to the booth and walked up to an empty touch screen like I did last year. The years before someone would sit with you and you would fill out a from. Last year it was done on a tablet and it worked out great.  So I set my books down and someone from behind the table asked if my number had been called. I said no, I did know about that. They said I had to get on the wait list, to go over to another table and put my name in. Ok. No prob.  What .. 10 , 15 minute wait ?

ummm no 

4uymwx.jpg

I put my name on the list at 1:26 and I got a text to go to the booth at 4:04

are there really that many people subbing books now.  Good for CGC, but that was crazy.  

Lesson learned.  Go put your name on that list ASAP if you want to get something graded.