• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The AWAX 2019 SDCC Report

102 posts in this topic

For the last few years I’ve been looking at this book in various grades.  I should have bought it then. I still have one I bought off the shelf at my LCS.  I used to hate the book. I wanted a cool Rhino or Green Goblin 1st appearance.  

Now here i am spending way more than I should because i waited.  

I have a bunch around this time in 9.6 and wanted one to match. But they have jumped to much for me right now. I will upgrade one day I’m sure.  But for now..this is a nice looking 9.4

thanks to @Dale Roberts

2m2j7cw.jpg

4 hours ago, Awax said:

Only if you can do the Milano Mosh will you understand this one...

9pnkts.jpg%C2%A0

Blast from the past album

‘He’ll make you wish you didn’t exist

Sgt. D is coming and you're on his list’

Edited by Hekla

8 hours ago, Awax said:

Every year, and I mean every year I walk by the Sergio Araggonies booth and there’s always a line.

Not always long but there’s a line.   Yesterday I was walking by and there was just one guy getting a trade signed.. so I stood there then chose a comic he had for sale and asked him to sign it.  I told him I chose the one with the dog because I just got a new puppy. He said do you want to see my inspiration and from his  briefcase He pulled a photo of his dog.  I asked if I could take a picture. 

wupetx.jpg

I think his dog's name is Rufferto.

21 hours ago, Awax said:

Every year, and I mean every year I walk by the Sergio Araggonies booth and there’s always a line.

Not always long but there’s a line.   Yesterday I was walking by and there was just one guy getting a trade signed.. so I stood there then chose a comic he had for sale and asked him to sign it.  I told him I chose the one with the dog because I just got a new puppy. He said do you want to see my inspiration and from his  briefcase He pulled a photo of his dog.  I asked if I could take a picture. 

wupetx.jpg

For being the legend he is, he is just a regular guy like us and it shows. Will miss him in MAD...:sorry:

On 7/22/2019 at 10:18 PM, bobotski said:
On 7/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, Awax said:

wupetx.jpg

I think his dog's name is Rufferto.

That's Rufferto!

One of my most prized possessions of all is a signed and sketched Groo #29....Rufferto's first appearance in comics. I love Rufferto. I love Groo almost as much, but Rufferto is far, far, FAR and away my favorite Groo character of all. The Sage, Chakaal, the Wandering Minstrel...none of them even come close.

Issue #40, where Groo loses and then finds Rufferto, is one of the sweetest, most touching comics ever.

:cloud9:

On 7/22/2019 at 4:40 PM, Awax said:

How many had this and kept it minty mint ?.

a3mpgx.jpg

I just was playing this today!Got to the bull and flunked out.Mac got a beating.

Edited by porcupine48

On 7/19/2019 at 3:13 PM, Awax said:

I went to the Campbell booth first ( pics to come ) first because thats where the shuttle drops me off at, that end of the con.  But after I went directly to Skybound and grabbed one of these ... one of the main things I wanted this year.  

24473ph.jpg

Cool, i got number 100