• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the other shoe drop with CGC and the 'crack, press, and resub' game?
3 3

873 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Thats why I said turned yellow :makepoint:

Well if you look at the book and what puzzles me is, on the spine there is a "yellow spot" that I never did find out what that was lol

I just assumed a bit of sun fade, but it wasnt crayon, I thought that's what you were speaking of (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

24 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

another form is sprayable fixative. Sprayed over the color touch in an even coating it creates an "all over consistent sheen" which can hide other forms of color touch done underneathe it (like crayon). Fixatives typically dont like heat though. Although some dont react to the heat unless it is prolonged. 

Holding a properly done spray is difficult to detect, otherwise the not so good ones have a texture that can be felt and makes the cover stock feel thicker.

I was going to ask about advances in re-glossing.

7 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

That's odd. Crayon or Crayola doesn't typically yellow. You mean as in "aging" yellow? .

I was just trying to figure out why someone would crayon over white.  I could only assume they were using a white crayon to fix something.  Then it must have turned yellow.  I forgot about kids.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

I was just trying to figure out why someone would crayon over white.  I could only assume they were using a white crayon to fix something.  Then it must have turned yellow.  I forgot about kids.

if i could find the listing.....it was a teacher who had it in class and was selling it for more books... for his classroom .... i think i paid $500

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

if i could find the listing.....it was a teacher who had it in class and was selling it for more books... for his classroom .... i think i paid $500

Good lord ~choke~

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Good lord ~choke~

choke good or bad? lol

it was in 2016.... it was the lowest $$ complete raw and the most i had spent on a comic at the time....

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

choke good or bad? lol

it was in 2016.... it was the lowest $$ complete raw and the most i had spent on a comic at the time....

~choke~ some kid colored on the second app wolverine!!

2 minutes ago, kav said:

~choke~ some kid colored on the second app wolverine!!

that too lol at least the teacher had some sense though haha

:shy: that was the only reason i could justify so much on a college budget....

This thread was brought to my attention - some interesting discussion in a similar context the one happening in this thread (which I just found out has been unlocked). If for no other reason, you should check out the MH Boy #17 that @lou_fine shares (handy link for the lazy)

33 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

This thread was brought to my attention - some interesting discussion in a similar context the one happening in this thread (which I just found out has been unlocked).

Wowza...........I just can't believe the Mods would unlock this thread after banishing it to the penalty box the other month.  :whatthe:

Especially since they normally throw away the key after they banish a thread to the good old sin bin never to be heard from or seen ever again.  :devil:

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Wowza...........I just can't believe the Mods would unlock this thread after banishing it to the penalty box the other month.  :whatthe:

Especially since they normally throw away the key after they banish a thread to the good old sin bin never to be heard from or seen ever again.  :devil:

I asked nicely - so everyone be on their best behaviour :shy:

1 hour ago, comicwiz said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I asked nicely - so everyone be on their best behaviour :shy:

Well, if that's all it took, can you please go back and ask them kindly if they can also unlock the granddaddy of them all, namely the Manufactured Gold thread?  :bigsmile:

Or maybe we can just ask @MasterChief himself who had started the initial thread, especially since he seems to be patrolling these boards nowadays and he's also an absolute master at searching out these long gone dead threads.  (thumbsu

Or are we starting to head into no-no land and bad behavior territory here if we do this?  lol

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if that's all it took, can you please go back and ask them kindly if they can also unlock the granddaddy of them all, namely the Manufactured Gold thread?  :bigsmile:

Or maybe we can just ask @MasterChief himself who had started the initial thread, especially since he seems to be patrolling these boards nowadays and he's also an absolute master at searching out these long gone dead threads.  (thumbsu

Or are we starting to head into no-no land and bad behavior territory here if we do this?  lol

There's apparently a mod area where you can post questions, and only the person posting there and the mods see it. I simply asked if they could just remove the offending posts (which I assumed caused it to be locked) and to reopen it, since it was mostly civil and many people contacted me to tell me they found it informative.

In fairness, the mod responded last month, mid-month, but I was away and only saw it earlier today. It's kind of weird as I was hoping there would be a notification, but I only saw the post when I searched for mentions of my alias (which I intended to use to find this thread). I saw the notification that the thread was unlocked that way.

And yes, @MasterChief lives up to his name that way, and we're all better for it!

Never understood why it was locked to begin with.  I have no problem with pressing or buying a pressed book... but I like reading both sides and engaging in the debate. 

If master chief isn’t around I will find it later when I get home unless it was poofed instead of locked.

Edited by Buzzetta