• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with grading and defects, please!!!

5 posts in this topic

So I won a Marvel Premiere #1 for $100 on eBay that was billed as 7.0 grade. Despite communication with the seller prior to bidding and careful evaluation of the photos, it arrived, and was not as described. The back cover is missing a small corner as well as a few of the interior pages. I’ve included the pics. Could anyone help with a potential grade? Thanks!

528745C2-E150-4C78-96B1-994B09559A53.jpeg

3A3251D8-0A6A-4695-9170-D106E83FCA02.jpeg

C9FB2FB5-06D3-4DF7-8606-444AFE2CF266.jpeg

IMO for whatever that is worth and going just by the pics shown...

With the Blunted Corner, Stress Lines W/Color Break and the Page Corner Torn and "Assuming" the pages are not Brittle...

5.0 VERY GOOD/FINE (VG/FN):  Back to Top
An above-average but well used comic book. An accumulation of bindery/printing defects is allowed. Minor to moderate cover wear apparent, with minor to moderate creases and/or dimples. Inks have moderate to low reflectivity. Blunted corners are increasingly common, as is minor to moderate staining, discoloration, and/or foxing. Stamped or inked arrival dates may be present. A minor to moderate spine roll is allowed. A spine split of up to 1/2" may be present. Staples may show minor discoloration. Minor staple tears and minor stress lines may also be present, as well as minor rust migration. Paper is tan to brown with no signs of brittleness. Centerfold may be loose. Minor interior tears may also be presen

6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?

Why don't you return it for not being as-described?

I’m working with eBay right now to get it returned. The seller is not responding, and I still have a few days before I can ask eBay to step in. I was just curious as to the grade. Thanks.