• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photobucket - is it a full blown scam now?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

Imgur works for me. I deleted my photobucket when they started the paywall

I tried it for a spell to avoid paying the membership fee and troubles with PB but the images came out insanely large on the registry set descriptions when I transferred them over.  I'll have to take some time to explore them again, apparently...

RIP my PB :sorry:

Just as an update, it took them a week but they finally replied to me and removed the watermarks (or at least they're gone on my end) - and this came after I emailed them asking to cancel.  IDK...I'd like to keep it but don't understand how if I'm a monthly subscriber how the watermarks would keep coming back.  SMH....hopefully they'll get their act together so I can continue using PB but only time will tell. :wishluck:

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, everyone! :) 

Scam... 

Every day I get an email that my photobucket is almost full and that I should purchase storage.  It's not even close. 

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Scam... 

Every day I get an email that my photobucket is almost full and that I should purchase storage.  It's not even close. 

Trust me, I am sure I'll end up having to perma-cancel...I'm just waiting for the watermarks to come back (again) before I do.  I wish it would go back to the old free days but it's still relatively inexpensive just a pain to deal with the inconsistency.  The EXTREME inconsistency.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:33 PM, dupont2005 said:

Imgur works for me. I deleted my photobucket when they started the paywall

I use Imgur, and have been very happy with their service so far. I don't have huge numbers of photos stored there, but they do link nicely into html and other web pages.