• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,066 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2020 at 9:59 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Also, those 2 look like alternate-reality crackhead version of Mr. F and I-Woman.

They would have been great casting choices for the last FF movie..........

21 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

Please. No fancy Doom actor. Please. James Earl Jones is Vader - we [quasi]never see his face. Where did Lucas get that superb idea? 

It was likely cheaper to just have him say a few lines than actually be in the full film.........

1 hour ago, kimik said:

It was likely cheaper to just have him say a few lines than actually be in the full film.........

True.

But do you think JEJ cost that much money?

Really?

The superb question from our financially oriented Canadian friend is this:

Was JEJ, as pure voice actor for DV, a creative or financial decision?

My supposition is this:

True, SW had no budget and voice is cheapest.

True, JEJ didn't cost much, one way or another.

Lucas is, I think, I believe, please help me you SW historians, on record as admitting DV was modeled on DOOM.

This leads me to believe, on balance, that we are talking about a deliberate creative decision: the mystery of a faceless villain [with a compellingly villainous voice]

Marvel readers [forgive me, but I think our Canadian friend is a DC chap] know the long history of the dramatic power of a faceless DOOM.

SW fans know DV and that voice, even better.  

DOOM.

VVD  

No Tom Cruises or RDJ's, please. 

God Bless.    

2 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

The superb question from our financially oriented Canadian friend is this:

Was JEJ, as pure voice actor for DV, a creative or financial decision?

My supposition is this:

True, SW had no budget and voice is cheapest.

True, JEJ didn't cost much, one way or another.

Lucas is, I think, I believe, please help me you SW historians, on record as admitting DV was modeled on DOOM.

This leads me to believe, on balance, that we are talking about a deliberate creative decision: the mystery of a faceless villain [with a compellingly villainous voice]

Marvel readers [forgive me, but I think our Canadian friend is a DC chap] know the long history of the dramatic power of a faceless DOOM.

SW fans know DV and that voice, even better.  

DOOM.

VVD  

No Tom Cruises or RDJ's, please. 

God Bless.    

Darth Vader's costume design is based on the traditional formal attire of samurai. Star Wars is about 60% based on Japanese history/culture/cinema. Star Wars concept artist Ralph McQuarrie had the idea of Vader having a breathing apparatus.

renegraphics-samurai-helmet-1-7aea5515-r666.thumb.jpg.92b8b7cbe312a21316608e46e51e9347.jpg

"Reed Richards" Trends After Rumor About John Krasinski Meeting With Marvel Studios

174548.jpg

Rumours started swirling yesterday evening that John Krasinski has had a virtual meeting with Marvel Studios head honcho Kevin Feige...probably via Zoom given what's happening in the world! 

Given that he's a firm fan favorite to take on the role of Mister Fantastic in the Marvel Cinematic Universe's reboot of the Fantastic Four series of films, it took no time at all for "Reed Richards" to start trending on Twitter as fans made it known to Marvel Studios who they want the actor and filmmaker to play in the ever expanded shared universe. 

Why is this a big deal? 

It takes a lot of anything to trend online - particularly with a global pandemic dominating headlines across the planet - so the simple mention of Krasinki's name in the same sentence as the MCU generating this sort of response is not something Marvel Studios is going to be able to overlook. 

The Office alum and current Jack Ryan star (not to mention A Quiet Place director) has made his interest in Fantastic Four known countless times in recent months. With this supposed meeting between him and Feige generating a response like this, there's a hope we could be that little bit closer to seeing Krasinski play the smartest superhero in the entire MCU. 

6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Whyyy is there so much fan fanaticism for John Krasinski to play Reed Richards? What about him says "I am Reed Richards"? Is it because he's married to Emily Blunt who fan boys en masse cast in every lady superhero role? Jim from the Office. Fine. TV Jack Ryan. Fine. I don't see him as Reed Richards.

27 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Whyyy is there so much fan fanaticism for John Krasinski to play Reed Richards? What about him says "I am Reed Richards"? Is it because he's married to Emily Blunt who fan boys en masse cast in every lady superhero role? Jim from the Office. Fine. TV Jack Ryan. Fine. I don't see him as Reed Richards.

Whyyyy do you not see him as a relevant MCU Reed Richards? It's not like that cinema universe 100% conforms to comic book character design consistently. And it seems to work quite strongly with general audiences.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Whyyyy do you not see him as a relevant MCU Reed Richards? It's not like that cinema universe 100% conforms to comic book character design consistently. And it seems to work quite strongly with general audiences.

It’s not necessarily about Krasinski’s look even though he doesn’t look anything like a traditional Reed Richards.

Reed Richards is a dark genius. He’s aloof most of the time, obsessed all the time. He blames himself over his best friend’s disfigurement and wears it on his 20 foot long sleeve. And he’s Marvel’s father figure. This doesn’t fit the John Krasinski I’ve seen on screen. He’s more the kind of guy you want to go get a drink with. If the MCU were casting Nova, I could see him as Nova, and it would make sense to cast a Marvel character who nobody’s heard of with an instantly familiar actor who everybody likes. 

I don’t know what actor I think could play Mr Fantastic, but I don’t think it should be Jim from The Office.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It’s not necessarily about Krasinski’s look even though he doesn’t look anything like a traditional Reed Richards.

Reed Richards is a dark genius. He’s aloof most of the time, obsessed all the time. He blames himself over his best friend’s disfigurement and wears it on his 20 foot long sleeve. And he’s Marvel’s father figure. This doesn’t fit the John Krasinski I’ve seen on screen. He’s more the kind of guy you want to go get a drink with. If the MCU were casting Nova, I could see him as Nova, and it would make sense to cast a Marvel character who nobody’s heard of with an instantly familiar actor who everybody likes. 

I don’t know what actor I think could play Mr Fantastic, but I don’t think it should be Jim from The Office.

No worries. It will be Jack Ryan. :headbang:

1 hour ago, Bird said:

this is my hope and opinion as well.

and my 5 copies of ST126 hope so too!

My one copy of ST126 is banking on it. Emily Blunt as Clea is perfect casting imo. She’s British, she’s  already played a white-haired sorceress opposite Thor in The Huntsman, she’s played another magical character in Mary Poppins y’all, and she brings instant fan likability to a little known character that the MCU probably wants to be a major player.

• Marvel Comics Thor: 6'6" tall
  • MCU Thor: 6'3" tall
  • Marvel Comics Steve Rogers: 6'2" tall
  • MCU Steve Rogers: 6'0" tall
  • Marvel Tony Stark: 6'1" tall
  • MCU Tony Stark: 5'9" tall

Yeah. The MCU is very concerned John Krasinki is 6'3" tall compared to Reed Richard's 6'1" height. :facepalm:

https://www.marvel.com/characters/mister-fantastic/in-comics

Edited by Bosco685