• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

554 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Also where's Olivia Munn... Haven't heard from her since she broke up with Aaron rogers

I think it is a shame how she became a one-film wonder with the X-Men franchise. She invested a lot in that role, including intense sword training which was demonstrated through more than a few sample videos.

Someone started a rumor recently she was in talks with the MCU for e return, which blew up. But then it turned out to be a fake story.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I think it is a shame how she became a one-film wonder with the X-Men franchise. She invested a lot in that role, including intense sword training which was demonstrated through more than a few sample videos.

Someone started a rumor recently she was in talks with the MCU for e return, which blew up. But then it turned out to be a fake story.

I know critics don't like the apocalypse movie

But I thought it was really good

I also thought Apocalypse would be one of the most formidable enemies of the Xmen

Magneto is considered top 10 villains of all time in any universe and yet he was/is subservient to Apocalypse 

Nonetheless too bad about Olivia 

James Marsden appeared in four X-Men films from 2000-2014. In it, he played Professor X’s right hand, Cyclops, who functioned as a team leader of the X-Men. As the films went on, however, James Marsden’s screen time as Cyclops steadily diminished until he was accidentally killed by Jean Grey in X-Men: The Last Stand. He would eventually return for a small appearance in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Younger versions of Cyclops were also played by Tim Pocock in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Tye Sheridan in X-Men: Apocolypse and Dark Phoenix. But from the sound of things, James Marsden isn’t entirely ready to give up the role of Cyclops all together.

During a recent interview with Screen Rant, James Marsden said that he was open to the idea of returning the role of Cyclops for a future Marvel X-Men film:

“I look at those three movies I was in and it became a huge part of my life. It was a family, all of them. And I was very grateful. That’s 40 years, at the time, of back story and iconic characters, beloved characters. So I’d be a fool to say no to that. Of course I would [be open to it].”

Apocalypse and Essex (Mr. Sinister) are my two all time favorite villains and that movie was complete and udder garbage. It was painful to watch and I couldn't finish it. With that being said, Days of Futures Past was just as bad, but not worse. Phoenix is as bad, I couldn't finish that one either.

I am hoping that those abortions didn't discourage any further development of a Apocalypse storyline, but I'm not going to hold my breath. We are probably going to get Xcutioner Song or what would be best, Mutant Massacre

7 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

Apocalypse and Essex (Mr. Sinister) are my two all time favorite villains and that movie was complete and udder garbage. It was painful to watch and I couldn't finish it. With that being said, Days of Futures Past was just as bad, but not worse. Phoenix is as bad, I couldn't finish that one either.

I am hoping that those abortions didn't discourage any further development of a Apocalypse storyline, but I'm not going to hold my breath. We are probably going to get Xcutioner Song or what would be best, Mutant Massacre

Days of Future Past was 'just as bad'?? Between The New Mutants comments and this, I'm not sure what you expect in quality X-Men films.

There is so much for an X-Men fan to enjoy in that film. To include the interaction between Quicksilver and Magneto.

Man, kudos to him. The planets aligned for him and this character. All others will be measured against him...

BUT I think of Joker and how many individuals got to put their spin on him, and there were moments where I was certain “this performance will go untouched” and then...another individual makes me question that thought and gives an equally entertaining, yet different, performance.

Let’s hope this character‘s future has a similar dynamic...

I think that Tagon Eronton guy or whatever his name is from Kingsman movies could make a fine Wolverine. He's not as gruff as the comic book version or as "hunky" as Hue Jackman, but throw a little facial hair on him and add a little attitude and he could probably pull it off. Whoever they get, it would be refreshing to get a gruff short guy play Logan.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:42 PM, Callaway29 said:

Man, kudos to him. The planets aligned for him and this character. All others will be measured against him...

At the start of the video he says they had already been shooting for weeks when he started, and the reason for that is they originally had another actor cast as Wolverine.  Dougray Scott was supposed to play the role, but he was working on Mission Impossible.  He originally thought he could fit both films in, but Tom Cruise refused to change his shooting schedule to accommodate Dougray playing Wolverine, so Dougray had to drop out.

He looks good at being pissed in the first pic below, but I've never seen him in a film so I don't know what his acting is like.  Like Jackman at 6' 1.5" Scott is far too tall for Wolverine at 5' 11".  I like Jackman a lot and still place Logan in the top five superhero films ever, but I'm not terribly nostalgic for him in the role.  He's nowhere close to ideal as Logan for two reasons--he's far too big, and he's at best OK at playing someone with feral rage.  A young Sonny Landham in the second pic below from Predator is still my ideal look and demeanor for Wolverine, but he, too, was too big at about 6' 2".

I fully expect to like the next Wolverine far more than Jackman if they find the right guy, but we'll see.

Dougray-Scott-Hugh-Jackman-Wolverine.jpg

ee7286455998264bc3084ef932df1c4d.png&qua

Edited by fantastic_four