• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

552 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Daniel Radcliffe - Guns Akimbo demonstrated how nutty a performance he can deliver

Taron Egerton - Leading man and supporting actor star power

Ok, I know who they are.  The first pic didn't look like anyone to me.  The second pic kind of looked like Jake Gylenhal but also didn't.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Daniel Radcliffe - Guns Akimbo demonstrated how nutty a performance he can deliver

Taron Egerton - Leading man and supporting actor star power

Oh man. Harry Potter to Wolverine might be a bridge too far for me but I did hear he was pretty good in guns akimbo. Wait...how tall is he? 

7 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Oh man. Harry Potter to Wolverine might be a bridge too far for me but I did hear he was pretty good in guns akimbo. Wait...how tall is he? 

I could see Daniel Radcliffe in the MCU one day and I could see him as Charles Xavier. But seriously pushing him as Wolverine is borderline trolling.

304988589_radcliffe2.jpg.bce0474a1a7f37503125a5ebeb74b43d.jpg

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I could see Daniel Radcliffe in the MCU one day and I could see him as Charles Xavier. But seriously pushing him as Wolverine is borderline trolling.

304988589_radcliffe2.jpg.bce0474a1a7f37503125a5ebeb74b43d.jpg

Suggesting DR for Wolverine is not trolling however my height question was definitely 

:jaws:

Edited by bentbryan

1 minute ago, bentbryan said:

Suggesting DR for Wolverine is not trolling however my height question was definitely 

:jaws:

At 5'5", he's the right height, but at a general weight of 115-120 lbs, he's just not in Wolverine's weight class. Sorry.

5 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

At 5'5", he's the right height, but at a general weight of 115-120 lbs, he's just not in Wolverine's weight class. Sorry.

The height charts you have on file will make for a great book one day.

MY LIFE AS A COMIC BOOK CASTING GATEKEEPER: THE INVESTOR YEARS

"But Feige liked them!"

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984_s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_820124d1-a70b-42da-b073-dc678947394f_498x278.gif.fc8ea39d7286c3bb5a8bfeecd5badeec.gif

So with the Phase 4 announcement looking to confirm the FF, are we thinking that the X-Men are being saved for Phase 5, therefore giving them another couple of years before they announce any sort of casting etc? Could be a long while speculating on this one, imagine the price of X1 or IH181 when that first logo pops up...

19 minutes ago, RickSp said:

So with the Phase 4 announcement looking to confirm the FF, are we thinking that the X-Men are being saved for Phase 5, therefore giving them another couple of years before they announce any sort of casting etc? Could be a long while speculating on this one, imagine the price of X1 or IH181 when that first logo pops up...

They could play this off The Eternals where we see how the Celestials toying with evolution leads later on to the transition of human beings to mutants. End credits, Professor X shows up sharing how he is seeking more of his kind to better guide them.

38 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

They could play this off The Eternals where we see how the Celestials toying with evolution leads later on to the transition of human beings to mutants. End credits, Professor X shows up sharing how he is seeking more of his kind to better guide them.

Celestials definitely seem a good shout for the set up.

It must be fun for whoever sits in that board room with Feige and his mates, throwing out ideas and seeing it come together.

1 hour ago, RickSp said:

I think it will be a long time off. Later part of this decade maybe. And why rush it?  I think we see a Wolverine project first. I also think that first  logo when we all see it is not going to be “X-Men” but some other derivative of X like “World of X” or something. I think Disney is serious about the  “Men” in X-Men thing and with a cinematic do-over of the mutants they have a chance to “fix” it.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Professor X isn’t going to show up at the end of Eternals to steal their spotlight. Eternals is going to be about Eternals. Some folks seem to think Eternals is nothing but a prequel for mutants. I could see a Black Knight set up in the end credits maybe.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think it will be a long time off. Later part of this decade maybe. And why rush it?  I think we see a Wolverine project first. I also think that first  logo when we all see it is not going to be “X-Men” but some other derivative of X like “World of X” or something. I think Disney is serious about the  “Men” in X-Men thing and with a cinematic do-over of the mutants they have a chance to “fix” it.

This is extra-sensitive concerns as 'Men' in 'X-Men is 'Mankind'. Not some Little Rascals episode with the He-Man Woman-Hater's Club. To imply otherwise is a scary frame of mind to be in.

And no matter how some try and twist this with the narrative that went to honor Stan Lee by going with his original suggested name to his publisher, that's also not a logical concept. 58 years ago this proposal was submitted, and now the entire world knows them as The X-Men from comic books, animated TV shows and films. All Disney/MCU has to do is clarify the 'mankind' reference. No over-react to appease the sensitive types.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Professor X isn’t going to show up at the end of Eternals to steal their spotlight. Eternals is going to be about Eternals. Some folks seem to think Eternals is nothing but a prequel for mutants. I could see a Black Knight set up in the end credits maybe.

You forgot 'in my opinion' as unless you are getting talking point directly from Disney, yours is just that versus knowing better than others.

Know the difference. It's a healthier mindset.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You forgot 'in my opinion' as unless you are getting talking point directly from Disney, yours is just that versus knowing better than others.

Know the difference. It's a healthier mindset.

In my very confident opinion. The same thing occured in WandaVision when every fanperson in the world was screaming "Professor X and Reed Richards are going to show up!" when the filmmakers thankfully know better (even though they obviously were purposely trolling bloodthirsty fans) and didn't include characters that would pull the focus away from the real stars of the show, Wanda and Vision. They even removed Dr Strange from the final --script because of the possibility of taking away Wanda's thunder. They're not going to make that mistake either with Eternals. This is the Eternals' show and they're not just some stop gap prequel to set up the fan favorite X-Men. The Eternals are going to matter.

I do think Professor X might be the first mutant we meet in the MCU but I really don't think it's going to be in Eternals.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

In my very confident opinion. The same thing occured in WandaVision when every fanperson in the world was screaming "Professor X and Reed Richards are going to show up!" when the filmmakers thankfully know better (even though they obviously were purposely trolling bloodthirsty fans) and didn't include characters that would pull the focus away from the real stars of the show, Wanda and Vision. They even removed Dr Strange from the final ---script because of the possibility of taking away Wanda's thunder. They're not going to make that mistake either with Eternals. This is the Eternals' show and they're not just some stop gap prequel to set up the fan favorite X-Men. The Eternals are going to matter.

I do think Professor X might be the first mutant we meet in the MCU but I really don't think it's going to be in Eternals.

I couldn't hear them over the 'MEPHISTO' screams.

:baiting:

That's what a credit scene is separate from the main movie, which the MCU has utilized quite effectively to the point now every studio is asked if their CBMs have credit scenes. So there is no mistake made with this approach of detracting from the main production. Those are different from your description of WandaVision, which was to occur in the finale primary content. Apples verus grapefruits there with your comparison.

There is a very strong possibility we will get that early glimpse of at least one traditional X-Men character.

I still say Wanda created the mutants with The Hex. Monica passed through it a few times and gained powers... who's to say everyone else didn't as well? The townsfolk had it passed over them at least twice.

Someone 5'7 and about 180 would work 

I'd do it, but I haven't been 180 in about 6 years. At 220, I could be fat wolverine. Sam Kieth style

On 5/5/2021 at 6:49 PM, MicroJow said:

I still say Wanda created the mutants with The Hex. Monica passed through it a few times and gained powers... who's to say everyone else didn't as well? The townsfolk had it passed over them at least twice.

I really think they are going to bring in the mutants with the Eternals comic book storyline.

***Only thing Wanda related to mutants would be House Of M (if they ever decide to do that)

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spelling

On 5/4/2021 at 8:38 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

I could see a Black Knight set up in the end credits maybe.

Given that Kit Harrington as Dane Whitman is fairly high up in the credits list, what makes you think he won't be a main character in the film itself?

Especially because he and Sersi are lovers in the comics.

Edited by Gatsby77

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Given that Kit Harrington as Dane Whitman is fairly high up in the credits list, what makes you think he won't be a main character in the film itself?

Especially because he and Sersi are lovers in the comics.

It’s already an ensemble film introducing already fantastic characters. To throw in a Knight on a flying horse is pushing it and would be really really distracting for general audiences who already are  trying to wrap their heads around these new Eternals characters. Because it’s a Chloe Zhao film, it’s going to take itself seriously, and again a medieval Knight out of time will take away from that. I think Kit Harrington will play the usual MCU normal person role for the film, until we see he’s more than that in the credits. Obviously I don’t know for sure but that makes the most sense  to me. We’ll see.