• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is wrong with this book?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Primetime just posted a SDCC pic of a Cap 1 with defects that uncannily match defects in my own Cap 1, prompting this thread.  I recognize and respect the body of knowledge out here on these boards as far superior to my own, and I’m hoping someone notices this post and responds.

First, here is Primetime’s pic:

7998DCBF-9BB7-4979-9A1E-716037DE123C.jpeg

See the “gouged out” spine near the staple?  It’s such an odd defect.  Until I saw this defect duplicated in the above book, it never occurred to me that it might be what’s left after the removal of restoration.

Here’s my book, for comparison.  Sorry for the bad photos.

23F0DD5E-DA31-4DE8-B1EE-DD0E37E47806.jpeg

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

Just now, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’m asking for insight and/or explanation for the gouged out cover at the staple.  It just doesn’t seem like a typical handling defect

Gotcha.

Your restoration removal comment has legs. It could also be a case of the cover tearing at the staple, and the owner removing the piece that was torn. I used to do that all the time...

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Gotcha.

Your restoration removal comment has legs. It could also be a case of the cover tearing at the staple, and the owner removing the piece that was torn. I used to do that all the time...

That makes sense.

I shoulda gotten off my lazy a** and taken a close up earlier on, rather than rely on old preexisting scans . . .

thank you for helping

45149607-A4B5-4B52-A0D7-14DB5F965163.jpeg