• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ERROR COVERS - HELP

7 posts in this topic

This past week I went to my LCS and started digging in some boxes, and I stumbled on these.

As far I know, these are the only two production error copies that I've seen.  Can someone here give me in some input? 

I know they'll get the old qualified GREEN LABEL, but would it be worth to get them signed for the Yellow Green?

Thanks

IM1E.jpg

IM2E.jpg

I see it as an error that is highly visible when slabbed and doesn’t make the cover look worse... slab it.

i personally like missed foil covers; I think they look cooler. They are the unintended nonconformists of the chromium age of comics. 

I am hijacking Adonis' thread because I know him and next time he makes his way up for NYCC we'll have some beers.

At first I thought there were two giant scratches across this ASM 55 2nd Print that I picked up today.  As it turns out it is just some sort of flaw with the ink, the cover isn't creased like it looks.  Any thoughts on it would be appreciated, thanks in advance.  I have not seen any others like it but it could be extremely common for all I know.

Amazing Spider-Man 22 Error Front.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man 55 Error Rear.jpg

Edited by Jtwpantera
I included the back of the book as well.

I also had some cover printing defects on several Star Wars HR 1's from a batch I ordered. I sent a few of them in for grading with other higher grade issues so we'll see how that turns out:

20210128_161630.jpg

20210128_161641 (1).jpg

20210128_221143.jpg

20210128_221720.jpg

20210128_221725.jpg

20210128_161904.jpg

Edited by CHASEnBLUE
Added photos