• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic-Con 2020, July 22-26, San Diego, Ca.
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Yes, my whole family within minutes had 4 day and preview.  This was the 1st time in years I had success earning them smoothly.  Last year, I struck out and had to win the tickets off of EBAY with the SD Comic Con museum at a heavy premium.  Well worth it now looking back.  Can't wait, my 22nd year will be in 2020!!  My child streaks uninterrupted now at 12 years.  Our annual vacation is a go.  Good luck to all in November if they do it like last year.  Next is the parking and hotel nightmare.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:48 PM, nearmint said:

I wonder if SDCC will be impacted by the Coronavirus.

I think the answer is yes, as I expect a few attendees will be dressed up as the "Coronavirus".  Or at least, their interpretation of the virus.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:48 PM, nearmint said:

I wonder if SDCC will be impacted by the Coronavirus.

It has already affected C2E2 with some artists cancelling appearances, so I think it will have some effect. Since it is July, the disease might be dormant and then could kick into effect in the Fall. So it might actually impact NYCC more then SDCC.

The recent statements from the Governor of California would certainly cast doubt about this show happening this year, with some thoughts that next year is in doubt too.  I'd bet this would be the final straw that gets them to move to Las Vegas or elsewhere as have been some rumors.  

Personally I think, like the Flu, this will die down come the warm weather but states will be reluctant to put large groups of people together.    C2E2 might have been the only big show all year and I feel the pain of everyone who relies on these shows for a good portion of their income (I'm in there with you).  The initial prediction was 2 Million people would die in the US, then it was dropped to 200,000 and now as we're about midway through the height of it we're on track for 60,000 deaths, tragic of course for anyone affected but keep in mind the regular flu kills about 30,000 Americans in a low transmission year.

I hope everyone gets through this, both literally and financially.

Edited by AndyFish

26 minutes ago, AndyFish said:

The recent statements from the Governor of California would certainly cast doubt about this show happening this year, with some thoughts that next year is in doubt too.  I'd bet this would be the final straw that gets them to move to Las Vegas or elsewhere as have been some rumors.  

Personally I think, like the Flu, this will die down come the warm weather but states will be reluctant to put large groups of people together.    C2E2 might have been the only big show all year and I feel the pain of everyone who relies on these shows for a good portion of their income (I'm in there with you).  The initial prediction was 2 Million people would die in the US, then it was dropped to 200,000 and now as we're about midway through the height of it we're on track for 60,000 deaths, tragic of course for anyone affected but keep in mind the regular flu kills about 30,000 Americans in a low transmission year.

I honestly do not think it will happen this year.  I am not sure if they can push back to a later date some other cons are doing.  

6 hours ago, AndyFish said:

SDCC isn’t moving to Vegas...

What makes you think this will end with warm weather? This isn’t simply the “flu”. This has proven to be to the best experts a big question. This is evil and the only way to combat it, is to stay as far away from it as possible. 

At the moment, I am far more considered with the “literal” part. Without that we will have no need of money. 

Sorry to see SDCC or any con go as well as I really miss baseball but I want to be around when they do come back...

We all have the power. Quit whining and do what the health care experts tell you to. 

And I didn’t mean you specifically about the “whining” part...:foryou:

Edited by Robot Man

:(    very bummed.   WDCC I was bummed.  This I'm really bummed.  The streak ends for going to SDCC for a world pandemic.  At least we can transfer our tickets to 2021 if it this pandemic is over with.