• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Offering interesting mix of GA, SA, BA books

22 posts in this topic

Hello.  At this time, I am offering the following CGC-graded items from Golden Age, Silver Age, and Bronze Age, including Plastic Man #19 & #23, Hulk #2, Justice League of America #1, TOS #43 & #62,  Eternals #1, TV Casper & Company #1, Journey into Mystery #119, Mr. Miracle #5 & #6, X-Men # 95, 118, 126, and Zap Comix #1.  What more could you want in an inaugural sales thread!  Now hopefully I did this right and everything looks ok (if not, please let me know and I will add the info or revise as appropriate).

New to selling here, so some background and boilerplate in order.  I am on ebay since 2002 (“pantodud,” so w/o the “e”!) with 100% positive feedback as buyer and seller of many high-priced items, including gold coins and banknotes, and a few comic books.  See below from 7/21/19.
image.png.2a5fcbd4c22b2f4d78d9e3b084b9c398.png

This forum is where I hope to focus my comic-related offerings going forward.  

The “Takings clause”
Yes, just like in our U.S. Constitution, this “takings clause” is all powerful.  An interested member must use  image.png.e97b0825f815860d2c67b5e9fbd849a7.png  to “take” an item, and a  image.png.bf71b2025c4f7b1bbf62c62405b71a6c.png  will take precedence over any pending PM or other negotiations (based on the timestamp) to avoid any confusion.  

Please, no buyers on the Hall of Shame or Probation List, or that I have on ignore and cannot receive PMs from (none yet, but just sayin’). 

Payment Methods
Money Order/Cashier Check, and Personal Check (Business Hold will apply) preferred.  PayPal is fine if need be, but only on orders under $1000.  

Shipping/Handling
I ship to addresses in the continental U.S. only.  All shipment is via USPS priority with signature confirmation for $20 (1-3 slabs per box).         

Return Policy
No returns on graded books for the obvious, sensible reasons.      

Now for the goods in alphabetical order:

Edited by Pantodude
word missing!

[NO LONGER AVAILABLE]  Plastic Man #19 (Quality, 1949).  CGC 8.0 (C/OW).  Only 6 slabs on the CGC census (!) and only 4 graded higher.  I happen to be the sole 8.0 sale reflected in GPA as of this writing, and I believe it was a bargain auction result then.  $265

image.png.777baf9383e7e63f1cba1ebba79be73a.png

Edited by Pantodude
status update

Tales of Suspense #62 (Marvel, 1965) (Origin of the Mandarin).  CGC 8.0 (OW/W).   Pedigree:  “From the collection of Kevin Michael McFadden.”  I happen to be the most recent 8.0 sale reflected in GPA in April 2019 as of this writing, and I believe it was a bargain auction result then.  Perhaps you agree.  $125.  

image.png.2de94362415b1e8bcd946dccea581156.png

[NO LONGER AVAILABLE]  Zap Comix #1 (3rd Printing) (Apex Novelties, 1968).  CGC 9.6 (O/W).  “From the collection of Kevin Michael McFadden.”   Appears to be highest grade known per GoCollect, but GPA says there is one non-pedigree 9.8 out there.   Either way, rather unusual specimen for this issue.   $150

image.png.f46a946464cb6c794dba1df99c2ae469.png

Edited by Pantodude
status update