• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stupid rookie mistake.

4 posts in this topic

Play attention to consignment details. Recently sold an ASM 14 on MCS for $3000. I guess it was a good deal as it sold instantly. I was happy but then realized that at $3000,I paid 8% commission or $240.  Not a problem but at $3001, the commission would have been 6% or $180. A lesson learned and passed along.  Rates go down  to 8%on $301, and 6% on $3001.

5 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Play attention to consignment details. Recently sold an ASM 14 on MCS for $3000. I guess it was a good deal as it sold instantly. I was happy but then realized that at $3000,I paid 8% commission or $240.  Not a problem but at $3001, the commission would have been 6% or $180. A lesson learned and passed along.  Rates go down  to 8%on $301, and 6% on $3001.

At your lcs or online?

Sold it through MyComicShop, the largest dealer on the web. Well worth the money they charge, it's just I could have saved $60 by paying better attention.

I was scrolling thru their consignments and found a number of books priced at $300. Once burned....