• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walking Dead 193 - is the hype gone?

9 posts in this topic

Been a week plus since this was released and the craze followed. 

Thoughts on this first print versus the second one coming out at the end of the month?

heard there was a SDCC variant out there too.

i myself was never a TWD fan, just though I ask the community here..maybe worth a pick up?

Edited by Asbestos

If you arent a WD fan way are you interested in the last issue?  Is if just from a spec point of view - hoping that you and make money down the road?  If so probably best to steer clear. 

I believe prices have peaked on the 1st print and are back down.  The SDCC variant is high priced on the secondary market at this point so unless you picked them up at the con for the price Skybound was selling them for there's no money to make on it.  The 2nd prints of 193 will be all over and wont be hard to find so prices will stay near cover.

Now if spec isnt why you are interested in 193, then there's 192 issues before it of great reading and maybe it is good to pick up a copy

On 7/22/2019 at 2:58 AM, cbalroman said:

If you arent a WD fan way are you interested in the last issue?  Is if just from a spec point of view - hoping that you and make money down the road?  If so probably best to steer clear. 

I believe prices have peaked on the 1st print and are back down.  The SDCC variant is high priced on the secondary market at this point so unless you picked them up at the con for the price Skybound was selling them for there's no money to make on it.  The 2nd prints of 193 will be all over and wont be hard to find so prices will stay near cover.

Now if spec isnt why you are interested in 193, then there's 192 issues before it of great reading and maybe it is good to pick up a copy

7 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

You're not a TWD fan and you want to get into it for the very last issue? Ironically, it's this sort of buyer that lead to the "hype" in the first place... lol.

Yep, Not a fan but figured for discussion purposes. Never said I’d be buying this either. Guess a lot of speculation going on here because of a question.. did I post in the right spot? Geez..

never watched the show.. thanks again everyone who made this awesome for newbies like me

On 7/22/2019 at 4:39 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Nope the hype isn't gone

its also not gone yet for Outcast #1

I just remember that day was nuts and the buzz was on. I guess it was the first time I really experienced it even tho the day before there were rumors going around. I just never thought it’ll turn out that way. I guess I wasn’t tuned in if something similar happened with Outcast. 

1 hour ago, Asbestos said:

Yep, Not a fan but figured for discussion purposes. Never said I’d be buying this either. Guess a lot of speculation going on here because of a question.. did I post in the right spot? Geez..

never watched the show.. thanks again everyone who made this awesome for newbies like me

From your OP it read as if you were asking to see if its worth a spec pick up.  And thats why I noted if spec isnt what you are interested in, you should pick up along with the rest of the story.  It's pretty good.  

Right spot to post probably would have been in the Walking Dead thread here in the modern section.  

Edited by cbalroman

Thanks for the feedback and my bad by not chiming this into the TWD thread. 

Anyhow we'll see what happens next week when the 2nd print comes out. Will I be buying one? negative. lol

would be interesting to get the print numbers of all 3 versions and monitor the climb..