• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flipping Comics Silver or Bronze/Modern?
2 2

314 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm new to flipping comics.Logic says modern and bronze age comics will have fewer owners therefore better quality conditions for CGC grading. 

Is it worth flipping older silver age comics I feel the condition of them are so poor its not worth it. You may get 1-2 surprises out of 10-20 submissions. 

Anyone been down this road? 

Also, does CGC have a UK base in London, which you can submit comics there, however i think they still go to USA for grading. 

Thanks.  

36 minutes ago, pipsy said:

Hi,

I'm new to flipping comics.Logic says modern and bronze age comics will have fewer owners therefore better quality conditions for CGC grading. 

Is it worth flipping older silver age comics I feel the condition of them are so poor its not worth it. You may get 1-2 surprises out of 10-20 submissions. 

Also, does CGC have a UK base in London, which you can submit comics there, however i think they still go to USA for grading. 

Thanks.  

:facepalm:

Good luck. You're going to need it.

50 minutes ago, pipsy said:

Hi,

Thanks.  

I'd recommend you read every thread on all the forums before you start this venture.

image.jpeg.5aa62f73eadd397a330a3743c4e98124.jpeg

1 hour ago, pipsy said:

Hi,

Thanks.  

v7KDHL7.jpg

1 hour ago, pipsy said:

They do, it's based in the Red Light District area of Soho. I took some books there once and came back with an aching ring. Sorry, the books came back with Newton Rings. I always get them mixed up. Sorry. 

16 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They do, it's based in the Red Light District area of Soho. I took some books there once and came back with an aching ring. Sorry, the books came back with Newton Rings. I always get them mixed up. Sorry. 

Well at least Soho has a fairly low occurrence of werewolves

Image result for soho werewolves

1 minute ago, bc said:

Well at least Soho has a fairly low occurrence of werewolves

Image result for soho werewolves

I used to be a Werewolf......:grin: