• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flipping Comics Silver or Bronze/Modern?
2 2

314 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, pipsy said:

Gosh, looks like most of you apart from 2 of yous have negative view on it rather than say keep your cash yous rather take mickey the that's fine with me took enough it in my life to have more so keep wasting your time on me please your loss. 

Oh can you take the mickey out of this guy as well he made investment decisions in 2017 hes a fake right? Especially x-men 101 Dark Phoenix which has a 9.8 fmv of £5000 not dollars so do the exchange. 

The editing did wonders

edited.jpg

19 hours ago, pipsy said:

Hi,

I'm new to flipping comics.Logic says modern and bronze age comics will have fewer owners therefore better quality conditions for CGC grading. 

Is it worth flipping older silver age comics I feel the condition of them are so poor its not worth it. You may get 1-2 surprises out of 10-20 submissions. 

Anyone been down this road? 

Also, does CGC have a UK base in London, which you can submit comics there, however i think they still go to USA for grading. 

Thanks.  

I don't think your definition of flipping is what we think of flipping.  It sounds like you want to buy older (or newer) comics and get them graded and make some serious coin.  Being in the UK has several disadvantages in the fact that most people collect US copies and there just is less across the pond compared to in the states.  There are UK board members but the number of them that are trying to make money grading books has to pretty small just due to shipping cost add ons.  You will be competing with people with a lot less overhead unless you think you can generate enough sales just in the UK.  Good luck and try to read up on the last few years worth of threads (what I did when i got here) so you can get your feet wet and maybe all of your questions have been answered already.

Edited by 1Cool

I always find it amazing that a child like GIJOEISAWESOME  could figure out a way to successfully ( albeit shady ) flip comics and yet we see adults regularly joining and asking the same question essentially " how can I make money flipping comics"?

But...on the other hand I know more than a few people who have zero...and I mean ZERO love for comics...as in wearing it as a badge of honor that they don't read them...be very successful selling comics, to the point where they contemplated quitting their day job and doing comics full time (shrug)

2 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Nobody around here flips. We're all in it for the enjoyment of collecting. 

The irony is 7 years ago when I joined this was the case.  There were dealers and collectors.  Nowadays most people here fall somewhere in the middle.

17 hours ago, Hamlet said:

My technique is to go through dollar boxes looking for books that I think should sell for at least $3.  I buy them and put them in boxes in my house.  Every once in a while, I look at them and consider selling them, but decide that it would be too much work.  I follow the comic market carefully, so that when a book I bought cheap pops due to a movie/TV announcement, I can go look at it, decide that I will scan and list it soon, and then get busy and forget about it.

Holy phruck, you are me and I am you.

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

Holy phruck, you are me and I am you.

and we are altogether.