• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

unsummited books

9 posts in this topic

At MotorCity comicon there were 2 options to get Jim Lee books done for signature series.

1. Drop off books at the CGC booth

2. Submit books directly after they were signed at the @Agents Of Slabsbooth set up in the same room at the Jim Lee signing.

Books that were not submitted at the show this way would not be eligible for signature series

23 hours ago, reelgee said:

hi had 6 books sign by jim lee at motorcity con but only summited 3. will i get the ss label for the other 3 when i summit later

First, welcome to the boards.

Second, unfortunately I would recommend you do some research on the Signature Series.  It is very specific on how books are handled that allow it to have that label.  Without those rules the label would be practically worthless and thus the signatures attached to the label also would be unverified and then would be unauthenticated.

Information is available here - https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/

I too didn't understand this the 1st time I had a book signed and thus that signature if I submitted would either make it a Qualified label or if requested would be under a Blue label with the signature being considered a defect on the book and would knock the grade down depending on size and location.

I'll be honest...when I first saw the title of this thread I thought that there would be a pic of some slabs on a mountain...near the top but not quite.  Now, I'm not just sad at the lack of said pic but also at my stupidity...:sorry:

J/K...but seriously, I am sorry your books won't get the yellow label but use this as a learning experience as we all have to start somewhere :) 

and WTTBs!

oh wow thanks for all the replies, had no idea anyone sez anything after first reply . lol i was still mad, and wanted to be happy so i went to Toronto expo, pay vip tickets again with my wife. and saw my dog again Mr Jim Lee!! who remember me and the wifey and got what wanted. in fact that why i'm on now to see when those book will be here. cgc sent them out on the 11th so any day now.But here is the ones from motor city-

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_3291.jpg

Those are nice. At least you were able to get the 3. Sorry for the other 3, but maybe you can trade them for unsigned copies that you can submit through the correct process. Good luck! Sig Series is a sexy, but unforgiving, mistress! Few who have heard the siren call can resist........

(I've been working on a 9.8 Jim Lee/Claremont run of X-Men for YEARS.)