• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does an autograph increase the value for resale?
1 1

58 posts in this topic

mehMy bad

I've been a buyer for along time. Never sold a comic

Someone wants to buy a comic I have two signatures chuck dixon and graham nolan

And I was thinking $100.00

:frown:

Still dont know how to use the emojis properly either.

Wanted the emoji who is slinking around with a sad face 

Edited by Hollywood1892

In the comic world I find this a difficult assessment.

A signed autograph in general increases with price depending on the quality of the photo/print, it's condition, and demand vs scarcity.

The best way to assess is to find similar looking items and see what they sell for to be in the general ballpark. I don't think there is a formula.

Edited by romanheart

15 minutes ago, romanheart said:

In the comic world I find this a difficult assessment.

A signed autograph in general increases with price depending on the quality of the photo/print, it's condition, and demand vs scarcity.

The best way to assess is to find similar looking items and see what they sell for to be in the general ballpark. I don't think there is a formula.

I actually just looked it up

And the same comic is selling for no less than $150.00

I think $100 is fair.

The one I am having trouble finding though is a C.O.A Rai 0 signed by Jim Shooter.

Edited by Hollywood1892

It depends entirely on the comic issue in question, the creator who signed it, and how the creator signed it.  If you've got an authentic Jack Kirby signature on, say, a Fantastic Four or Captain America comic, it's worth substantially more than an unsigned copy in the same grade.  Perhaps even more so if the book is a key issue, and Kirby's signature is a clean one on the splash page that doesn't mar the cover art.

It depends entirely on the comic issue in question, the creator who signed it, and how the creator signed it.  If you've got an authentic Jack Kirby signature on, say, a Fantastic Four or Captain America comic, it's worth substantially more than an unsigned copy in the same grade.  Perhaps even more so if the book is a key issue, and Kirby's signature is a clean one on the splash page that doesn't mar the cover art.

I just watched 2 very recent Ebay auctions for  Jack Kirby verified sigs on Page 1  (you know that service by the other company)

One was Demon 1 8.5 which went for near $600 and the other was a Machine Man 1 9.0 which went for almost $500

Having a Demon 1 with Kirby's sig on the bottom of page 1 made me quite interested in the outcome of that auction.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I have a set of all the Kirby DC books that came out in the ‘70’s. New gods, Forever People ect. Bought of the newstand and signed at bottom of the splash page neatly in ball point pen. What are they worth? Priceless to me...

How greedy. Keep one and share the rest.

3 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I actually just looked it up

And the same comic is selling for no less than $150.00

I think $100 is fair.

The one I am having trouble finding though is a C.O.A Rai 0 signed by Jim Shooter.

When you say "sell for" do you mean it's listed on eBay for that amount or that its actually a completed sale for that amount? 

Are you talking about a raw book signed, or CGC Signature Series signed? 

Im looking at ebay and there are ZERO raw books signed by Dixon & Nolan that sold for more than $40, and those were all Vengence of Bane #1s

2 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Are you talking about a raw book signed, or CGC Signature Series signed? 

Im looking at ebay and there are ZERO raw books signed by Dixon & Nolan that sold for more than $40, and those were all Vengence of Bane #1s

Yeah that's the one I have and I wasnt looking at completed sales.:frown: