• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The reason you should buy the Overstreet Price Guide this year...
1 1

30 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Flee-Marquette said:

Because I did the back cover. :shy:

Thanks to Conan (and Buddy) for once again giving me an opportunity
to stick some graphics into a high profile spot. I have been buying the
OSPG religiously every year since 1976 and never dreamed I would someday
have something to do with it. Anyway, just wanted to share.

Hopefully this will get me into all the conventions early so I can buy all the good stuff. :acclaim:

Overstreet-Ad-draft-small_zpsfbmomi5j.jp

I've been staring at it for 10 minutes now waiting for something to move  lol

22 hours ago, Senormac said:

I've been staring at it for 10 minutes now waiting for something to move  lol

It's one of those Magic-Eye Stereo images.  You just have to let your eyes relax and look into the image.

Magic-Eye-Greggy_zpsugkkptqv.gif

There is no reason to buy it at all ..everyone knows the prices arent right for one thing.......but back in the 80's it was a gem...it was so cool to look at all the pics...and back then THAT is where we got our prices...nowadays it is a dying book...sad to say...just like the CBG---comics buyers guide--that was golden in the day...i WORSHIPPED that newspaper every week in the 80's....but technology and internet destroyed it...but it sure was fun as hell ordering a book from Rich Semowhich...or Harley and having no clue what it looked like until you got it...you were happy as hell no matter what.....ahhh. And Russ Cochran,.....a god among EC collectors...I loved his stuff in the cbg and Overstreet..I guess I am saying I am old....IT  would be cool to have a resurgence of paper again.....I am all for it!!!!

On 7/30/2019 at 8:17 PM, EC Phanatic said:

And Russ Cochran,.....a god among EC collectors...I loved his stuff in the cbg and Overstreet..I guess I am saying I am old....IT  would be cool to have a resurgence of paper again.....I am all for it!!!!

And yet he single handedly destroyed the Comic Book Marketplace (CBM) magazine that was such an amazing fan mag at the start when the Carters were running it, by turning it into his own almost unreadable puff piece in the end.  :frown:  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, lou_fine said:

And yet he single handedly destroyed the Comic Book Marketplace (CBM) magazine that was such an amazing fan mag at the start when the Carters were running it, by turning it into almost unreadable.  :frown:  :censored:

I don't blame Russ Cochran in taking the CBM in another direction at the time. Think the Carters and fandom were starting to run out of comics/trends to profile after about 80 or so monthly issues. Was the exchange rate that hurt retail CBM sales in Canada hitting about $11 loonies.

Also does anyone know how much it costs for a full page b/w or color ad in new Overstreet? Or is that a waste of advertising funds since only old geezers refer to hard copy Overstreet in 2020? B|