• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The reason you should buy the Overstreet Price Guide this year...
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2020 at 1:14 PM, aardvark88 said:
On 8/10/2019 at 12:31 PM, lou_fine said:

And yet he single handedly destroyed the Comic Book Marketplace (CBM) magazine that was such an amazing fan mag at the start when the Carters were running it, by turning it into almost unreadable.  :frown:  :censored:

I don't blame Russ Cochran in taking the CBM in another direction at the time. Think the Carters and fandom were starting to run out of comics/trends to profile after about 80 or so monthly issues.

It wasn't that he took it in another direction, he took it in his direction. I can still remember reading his editorial(s) about the changes he wanted to make in the mag. Of course, he was in charge so he could do that but the magazine was far less interesting for it. Gary Carter produced an awesome magazine. Cochran, much less so. 

Edited by Jeffro.

8 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

The new one will be #50; this thread is an old one about #49 that was resurrected.

Congrats on winning the Dr.X name drawing! :headbang: That's a Cool Eerie Book!

3 hours ago, musicmeta said:
4 hours ago, Pontoon said:

The new one will be #50; this thread is an old one about #49 that was resurrected.

Thanks for the correction..Yes #50 is coming out this year..

if Flee didn't work on an ad in #50 I'm just going to buy another copy of #49 in protest.  That'll teach 'em.

On 1/3/2020 at 1:14 PM, aardvark88 said:

Or is that a waste of advertising funds since only old geezers refer to hard copy Overstreet in 2020? B|

It actually helped me! I started collecting again about a year or so ago and the ads informed me where to look for books (other than eBay).  But I have not used it since LOL.

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

this is awesome (worship)

If I could find the books in my closet I'd post better pics so ppl could read em.  Bob Overstreet thanked me and sent each volume signed by him.