• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slab Question - What Is This?

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Simple question.  I received a graded comic from eBay yesterday (Last Knight on Earth #1).  I've purchased from him a few times in the past and have never had an issue.  This time, however, I was a little confused at what I received:

2019-07-23.thumb.jpg.b2c1d091a4df31e9506196e7ccd59c82.jpg

There's a plastic tab of some sort inside the slab.  At first, I thought they were cracks until I flipped it over and noticed it ran in a perfectly symmetrical line.  I've never seen this before on any of my other comics.  Looked at other graded ones on eBay and didn't notice it.  I just wanna make sure it wasn't left in there by mistake.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

ive had that same thing to in a few of my slabs, as its normal to have on some. reason for it though, i have no idea. i'm interested as well as to what that can be as well.

CGC uses a variety of different sized inner wells for the encapsulation process. If a book can move around while inside the well, a plastic wedge is added to ensure that the book stays securely in place. In extreme cases, more than one wedge will be used to ensure a snug fit...  (thumbsu