• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Issue resolved

17 posts in this topic

This is an official nomination of cosmic_surfer to the Probation List.

cosmic_surfer purchased four books from the two sales threads I ran in June, buying three books from my main thread HERE and one book from my other thread HERE.

I initially invoiced cosmic_surfer on June 19th. I messaged him again on June 26th to check in, and a third time on July 16th, mentioning that we were approaching the 30-day time period for completing a transaction (my sales threads state that I expect payment within five days unless something else is requested, but I pretty much never badger anyone on that since people I invoice almost always pay in that period).  He had asked me about other books already in a PM thread -- the invoice I sent him was in that PM thread, but he has not read anything from there since June 10th, and he hasn't logged into the boards since June 29th (which means he definitely has been active/logged in after the initial invoice and the reminder on June 26th).

I have sent a separate PM to him, per the PL guidelines, informing him that he is now being nominated to the PL, since the 30-day time period has come and gone. With him being missing from the boards for nearly a month now, this is more being done to inform the community rather than as a means to complete the sale (it wasn't a large amount involved, but the principle is the primary concern here).  

Having to nominate someone is a first for me, so if I've missed a step here, please let me know.

Edited by ChiSoxFan
Issue resolved

Wow - I would hate to see someone flame down over $31.  Since he hasn't been here for nearly a month, I hope he is okay.  I wonder if someone here knows him and can contact him.  As far as i can remember he hasn't had any other issues here but I have never dealt with him and don't stray out of the GA/SA/BA sales or the GA forum.

Good luck.

Edited by telerites

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 7:31 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

Yeah, sorry to hear this. And it had to happen to one of the nice guys! Well, most of us are nice guys, but...wait, why am I rambling?

I'm a jerk.  Maybe you should try that. :foryou: 

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

I'm a jerk.  Maybe you should try that. :foryou: 

You're just cantankerous. I haven't seen you be a jerk to anyone.

Now you're ruining my self esteem..., :sorry: 

So, it's been well more than 72 hours and no word. The buyer still hasn't been on the boards since the 29th.  Not sure what happened, and I hope that he's okay obviously, but I'm guessing this means he's on the PL now. correct?  

2 hours ago, ChiSoxFan said:

So, it's been well more than 72 hours and no word. The buyer still hasn't been on the boards since the 29th.  Not sure what happened, and I hope that he's okay obviously, but I'm guessing this means he's on the PL now. correct?  

He is if you want him there. Its your call. You can give him more time if you think it helpful, or you can put him on when you please. Just post here what you want to do when you are ready. :foryou:

On 7/29/2019 at 11:16 PM, crassus said:

He is if you want him there. Its your call. You can give him more time if you think it helpful, or you can put him on when you please. Just post here what you want to do when you are ready. :foryou:

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, that's now gone. Checking out the buyer's profile, they apparently are okay -- at least enough for them to log into the boards on Sunday, according to their profile page.  They have not, however, read either PM I sent them, including the one informing them that they were being nominated to the PL.

I hate to do this over such a small amount, but at this point, the radio silence and ignoring the PM's are far more irratating than the money.  As anyone who's ever done a transaction with me should attest to, I am VERY easy to work with, and if something had come up, I'm sure we would have worked something out.  But that ship has sailed. 

Robert -- if you can add them to the PM list, that would be appreciated.  

33 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but in this case, that's now gone. Checking out the buyer's profile, they apparently are okay -- at least enough for them to log into the boards on Sunday, according to their profile page.  They have not, however, read either PM I sent them, including the one informing them that they were being nominated to the PL.

I hate to do this over such a small amount, but at this point, the radio silence and ignoring the PM's are far more irratating than the money.  As anyone who's ever done a transaction with me should attest to, I am VERY easy to work with, and if something had come up, I'm sure we would have worked something out.  But that ship has sailed. 

Robert -- if you can add them to the PM list, that would be appreciated.  

cosmic_surfer has been added to the PL list

cosmic_surfer reached out to me today.  They had been on a multi-month vacation and had completely forgotten about the transaction from what they said.  cosmic_surfer offered to still pay for the books, I invoiced him, and he paid immediately.

Since he made the transaction whole, and since he was sincere in his apology, I'm good with him being removed from the PL. (thumbsu