• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don’t Use CCS! Beware!

63 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2019 at 5:16 PM, Mystafo said:

Agreed...I've seen some way uglier white worms.  The hole in the center (of the TTA) takes the cake, though :sick:

It was surprising. But I will say, as someone in sell mode, I’d rather be selling that book in Universal than that book at 5.0 or 5.5 in Restored. So as others have said, it’s a market issue.

One thing I know for sure is that CCS is definitely very busy. I don't know about them, but at my current job, having too many things to do usually leads to rushing, and rushing usually leads to overlooking critical details and errors in judgement. To be honest, I'd rather not wait for months and months to have my books worked on, especially if the end results are unsatisfactory. Business is business and time is money. 

As far as the OP goes, the damage has been done. At what point do you stop throwing your money, time and effort into a diminishing return? However, if you're still determined to pursue it, you do have a few options:  1) Attempt to contact CCS directly. Explain what happened with your book (twice). Be polite, but determined---being angry or yelling at people won't help, but determination is an admirable quality. If they don't respond to your requests with what you consider to be immediate, appropriate actions, don't pursue it with them any further. I would definitely ask for a refund, however.   2) Seek the aide of someone else. At this point, I would recommend contacting someone here on the boards; there's at least one person that immediately comes to mind. They may be able to get all the resto removed and ultimately still get you a blue label on this book. 3) If none of this is appealing to you and you're completely soured by this experience, I would recommend selling the book and getting what you can out of it. The reason I say this is because no matter what the final outcome is, you'll probably always have negative feelings when you look at this book. Sometimes it's better to just let it go and move forward. Life is short---don't get dragged down by a negative situation. Good luck!   :foryou: