• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Its been ten years since we lost Nik!!!
4 4

124 posts in this topic

I interacted with him a bit back then but didn't really know him that well.  He always seemed like a good guy though....and this world needs more people like that....not less.  I hope his wife and kids are doing well.  RIP Nik.....I know a lot of people here miss you.

10 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I'll repeat this again. The Nik/Piglet flame war was a masterpiece on here. Should be standard reading for noobs. LOL. R.I.P. brother.

Someone should be appointed,,,,,,  FORUM LIBRARIAN...….

and through some process or other, of voters or whatever,  their job would be to capture different sections of this forums postings..... from the past, and create a "FILE"  or something "we" call a book,  if you will, with a title, that can be read by anyone who wants to click it.  NO ADS EVER, but perhaps a charge of some kind for usage. 

Each collection of posts could be captured into a singular file and given a title ….. like "Nik/Piglet flame war"...… and the entirety ( according to whoever edits this thing) of it, would be called …. A BOOK.  And people could come by "OUR" library and check out "OUR" books...…..  for a fee...….  

I give this idea to the forums   :download:

I sadly never got the opportunity to interact with Nik -- I had just joined the boards a few months prior after lurking for a period of time, and I didn't get a chance to get to know him.  But even ten years later -- and it's hard to believe that much time has passed -- I remember clearly when it happened. I distinctly remember the outpouring of grief by so many over the loss and the outpouring of support for the man's family and friends from the community here.  I was genuinely moved by how much this man I didn't know had affected the lives of the people around him.

My loss was in not getting the opportunity to have known someone who meant so much to so many, though it pales in comparison to the loss felt by those who were fortunate to have known him.  Rest in peace. 

52 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I'll repeat this again. The Nik/Piglet flame war was a masterpiece on here. Should be standard reading for noobs. LOL. R.I.P. brother.

link?

47 minutes ago, joeypost said:

One of my most cherished moments at any comic convention was that last breakfast a few of us had with Nik. He had been complaining about headaches and talked about going to the doctor. That morning is more cherished to me than the first Greek town dinner at WWC  

Jim mentioned earlier in this thread about all the good times we had as a group, but things have never truly been the same since his passing. 

Reading these posts is maki g me emotional.

It goes to show the solidarity amongst friends and the fragility of life and how we get and should value every moment we get to be with our friends. And how we should look for the best in everyone.:foryou::frown: