• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a particularly unique team up

22 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I’m curious as to know if there had been a team up or appearance together of these 3 characters namely war machine, the captain (either John walker or Steve Rogers) and Thor (Eric masterson) or Thunderstrike.

Thanks in advance.

15 hours ago, Rockadelic said:

Hi guys, 

I’m curious as to know if there had been a team up or appearance together of these 3 characters namely war machine, the captain (either John walker or Steve Rogers) and Thor (Eric masterson) or Thunderstrike.

Thanks in advance.

Didn't you already get an answer to this question despite posting in the wrong section?

22 hours ago, Rockadelic said:

Hi guys, 

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, Walker was never the Captain, so your search would be confined to the brief period during which he was the replacement Captain America and Steve Rogers was just called the Captain. Since that happened in the late 80s and even the War Machine armor wasn't introduced until 1992, it looks like you have your answer.

I would recommend to the OP to just write his fanfic and call it a day.

17 hours ago, Chaykin Stevens said:

USAgent, War Machine and Thunderswipe appeared together in Avengers: the Terminatrix Objective by Mark Gruenwald and Mike Gustovich.

I would say there’s a couple of earlier posters who have some apologizing to do...

6 hours ago, Brock said:

I would say there’s a couple of earlier posters who have some apologizing to do...

Why? The OP already got that answer, despite not asking about U.S. Agent. It wasn't what he wanted.

On 7/26/2019 at 6:31 PM, Chaykin Stevens said:

USAgent, War Machine and Thunderswipe appeared together in Avengers: the Terminatrix Objective by Mark Gruenwald and Mike Gustovich.

1077223.jpg

Ugh, was that the 90's?  Thor with a pony tail and a sleeveless leather jacket. 

Edited by Xenosmilus

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:31 PM, Chaykin Stevens said:

1077223.jpg

This reminds me... has there ever been an NBA team with three #1 draft busts together in the same season? These guys were pushed by Marvel, but never really gained respect. The only one missing is Rage. Can someone photoshop him onto this cover?

7 hours ago, Conacon said:

This reminds me... has there ever been an NBA team with three #1 draft busts together in the same season? These guys were pushed by Marvel, but never really gained respect. The only one missing is Rage. Can someone photoshop him onto this cover?

To be fair, Rage was a completely original character (that is, not derivative of an existing Marvel character). This was a period where comic sales were booming, and Marvel was looking to cash in by creating entire families of characters around their tentpoles. That's where the push for these three (and the expansion of Midnight Sons, and Fantastic Force, and Force Works, etc.) came from. They wanted a family of titles around anything successful. Even the relatively new New Warriors spawned Nova, Night Thrasher, and Justice spinoffs. A good number of Spider-man (pardon…Spider-men, since we also had Ben Reilly then) family characters also had their own series or minis (Silver Sable, Venom, Solo, Nightwatch, etc) in this period. Not to mention the dozens of mutant titles. Marvel's problem was they wanted tons of titles, but there was a dearth of quality talent. I have a friend who pencilled some stories at the time, and one of the storylines he was working on was written by one of the assistant editors who had never had written for comics before, and basically wrote the same exact story for a couple of continuous issues of a title before he suggested to the editor that maybe they needed to tweak things so they weren't duplicating the previous issue.

11 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

To be fair, Rage was a completely original character (that is, not derivative of an existing Marvel character). This was a period where comic sales were booming, and Marvel was looking to cash in by creating entire families of characters around their tentpoles. That's where the push for these three (and the expansion of Midnight Sons, and Fantastic Force, and Force Works, etc.) came from. They wanted a family of titles around anything successful. Even the relatively new New Warriors spawned Nova, Night Thrasher, and Justice spinoffs. A good number of Spider-man (pardon…Spider-men, since we also had Ben Reilly then) family characters also had their own series or minis (Silver Sable, Venom, Solo, Nightwatch, etc) in this period. Not to mention the dozens of mutant titles. Marvel's problem was they wanted tons of titles, but there was a dearth of quality talent. I have a friend who pencilled some stories at the time, and one of the storylines he was working on was written by one of the assistant editors who had never had written for comics before, and basically wrote the same exact story for a couple of continuous issues of a title before he suggested to the editor that maybe they needed to tweak things so they weren't duplicating the previous issue.

Please don't be fair to Rage. He wouldn't appreciate it. What a Mr. T-with-his-attitude-from-Rocky-III rip off. 

Image result for mr. t                 =                   Image result for marvel comics rage
Image result for marvel comics rage
"I pity the fool who doesn't eat a balanced breakfast!" 

Ok, seriously, though. He's one of those guys who grew on me when he moved over to New Warriors. Nightwatch, though. Ugh. Spawn when everybody wanted to be Spawn. 

Image result for spawn nightwatch