• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

49th Overstreet Top 25 Bronze comics
1 1

41 posts in this topic

Finally! I have all the top 25 bronze comics at the time an Overstreet comes out. Those Vampirellas from last year threw me a little bit. 

This year's top 25:

1. Star Wars 1 35 cent variant

2. Incredible Hulk 181

3. Iron Fist 14 35 cent variant

4. House of Secrets 92

5. Cerebus 1

6. Green Lantern 76

7. Scooby Doo 1 (gold key)

8. Marvel Spotlight 5

9. Giant Size X-Men 1

10. Amazing Spider-Man 129

11. Star Wars 2 35 cent variant

11. Star Wars 3 35 cent variant

11. Star Wars 4 35 cent variant

14. Iron Man 55

15. X-Men 94

16. DC 100 Page Super Spectacular 5

16. Hero for Hire 1

18. Batman 227

18. Batman 251

20. Uncle Scrooge 179

21. Amazing Spider-Man 101

21. Tomb of Dracula 10

23. All-Star Western 10

23. Batman 232

23. Detective Comics 411

Lots of good stuff in there but does anyone think Overstreet is stil undervaluing any issues? Obviously TOD 10 would be ticking up after the Mahershala Ali announcement...

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

Unfortunately, yes, it will still be there. Thanos has legs, folks of all ages know him as a major character. One of my few regrets is selling my copy early on when the price was rising, expecting another MCU villain bump and drop after the film came out. Oops!

Why is it unfortunate. Are you saying because you sold your copy?

I am looking at this list from a value perspective rather than character significance perspective. IM #55 has dropped decently since Endgame, and will be surpassed by other titles in short order (it is already worth less than other books listed below it). If the list is based on prices, which it basically has been in the past, then  I can see it sliding out next year.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

I am looking at this list from a value perspective rather than character significance perspective. IM #55 has dropped decently since Endgame, and will be surpassed by other titles in short order (it is already worth less than other books listed below it). If the list is based on prices, which it basically has been in the past, then  I can see it sliding out next year.

What books are going to pass it? WWBN 32 (there are 5 books I could replace on the list with this book) , ToD 10 (already on the list). The market ebbs and flows. As Peter said, SME 15 will also be on there next year (well should be, but looking at this list I don't think it will).

My personal take on what can be dropped from the list:

This year's top 25:

2. Incredible Hulk 181

4. House of Secrets 92

5. Cerebus 1

6. Green Lantern 76

8. Marvel Spotlight 5

9. Giant Size X-Men 1

14. Iron Man 55

15. X-Men 94

16. Hero for Hire 1

18. Batman 227

18. Batman 251

20. Uncle Scrooge 179

21. Tomb of Dracula 10

23. All-Star Western 10

23. Batman 232

23. Detective Comics 411

I think the entire list should be redrawn. :sumo: So many of these are no longer relevant.

31 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

What books are going to pass it? WWBN 32 (there are 5 books I could replace on the list with this book) , ToD 10 (already on the list). The market ebbs and flows. As Peter said, SME 15 will also be on there next year (well should be, but looking at this list I don't think it will).

What are we using as the time period for the BA (1970 - ????)?  There are some Whitman variants that are fetching interesting prices now.

Edited by kimik

I am thinking of CGC 9.4 prices for the list. WWBN 32 should already be on there (higher than ASM 129 as well), and SME 15 may hit the list soon as well.

Depending on what DC does with Darkseid, JO #134 could break the top 25 list in the near future. It is on the bubble right now, unless it has pulled back recently (I have been outbid on the last two I was chasing), and I would put it there ahead of ASW #10 (Jonah who?).

Value-wise, Tec #400 should also be there ahead of Batman #232.

Then there are a few other 1980 Whitman variants that fetch big $$$ as well (although I am not sure if they top $1900 in CGC 9.4).

A couple of CDN newsstand editions may hit the mark in a year or two as well, depending on the BA cut off date.

If I think about it further I am sure there are a few other books I am missing as well.

Edited by kimik

5 hours ago, divad said:

My personal take on what can be dropped from the list:

This year's top 25:

2. Incredible Hulk 181

4. House of Secrets 92

5. Cerebus 1

6. Green Lantern 76

8. Marvel Spotlight 5

9. Giant Size X-Men 1

14. Iron Man 55

15. X-Men 94

16. Hero for Hire 1

18. Batman 227

18. Batman 251

20. Uncle Scrooge 179

21. Tomb of Dracula 10

23. All-Star Western 10

23. Batman 232

23. Detective Comics 411

I think the entire list should be redrawn. :sumo: So many of these are no longer relevant.

X-Men 94 definitely should stay on the list and still relevant imo. I mean you got the first regular X-Men issue with the new team and this is where Chris Claremont's begins his X-Men run which most of all the X-men movies shown are based off.

26 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

You guys know this list is solely based on the random numbers that appear in the OPG, right? It has nothing to do with importance or actual values.

IH181 being near the top spot is definitely not random or coincidental, Hulk 181 is up there because of it's importance and it happens that the actual value of the book coincides with how important the book is. 

15 minutes ago, carefulsum said:

IH181 being near the top spot is definitely not random or coincidental, Hulk 181 is up there because of it's importance and it happens that the actual value of the book coincides with how important the book is.

:screwy:

Congratulations on a total lack of comprehension that led you to completely miss the point.

The plot thickens. Overstreet lists WWBN 32 at $1500 which would put it at rank 15. Incredible Hulk 180 is listed at $850 which would put it at #26 but I believe that is undervalued. WWBN 32 should be on that list. The interesting thing is, apparently no issue listed in this year's top 25 was not in last year's top 25 according to Overstreet's own previous year rank. But if you actually look at last year's listed top 25 (in the 48th Overstreet), it doesn't exactly correspond to what this year says last year's were.