• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM HULK 181
1 1

27 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I guess the non-color braking creases might knock it down, but it has tons of appeal.

6.0 is little too harsh IMO.

Very true. The only main issue is the spine on the book. Hopefully it can get that 7.5

I think it will be much lower than 7.5 due to significant spine wear fraying and mini tears but it will present very nicely in a slab once pressed.   Those water spots and stains on the back will disappoint you on the final Cgc grade.   Good luck 

Edited by Comicdey

1 minute ago, Comicdey said:

I think it will be much lower than 7.5 due to significant spine wear fraying and mini tears but it will present very nicely in a slab once pressed.   No idea on final grade since I can’t see the back. Good luck 

Second-to-last photo.

5 minutes ago, Comicdey said:

I edited my post when I saw back.  Needs a clean and press and I think you’ll be lucky to get over a 5.0 but it will generally present much better.

hmm I've been looking at 5.0s graded and all of them appear to be in worse condition than mine is but I guess that is possible. Well so far we have between a 5-7.5 quite a difference haha 

I’m 4-5

a press will make it more attractive, but probably not get you a lot of grade improvement ... the spine wear is the killer 

JMHO, I’m still working on my grading ...

great book, I’d love a copy this pretty!

32 minutes ago, oldrover said:

The good news is the difference between 6.0 and 4.5 isn't that much on this book.

6.0's are getting $2500-ish, 4.5's are getting $2000-ish.

Exactly you will get your money based upon how it presents when in those mid range grades as people are looking for presentation and know they aren’t going got nose bleed grades.  It’s a great entry into that issue and one to be proud of.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

7.5ish IMO.

Not a chance, that spine is way too chewed up.

I'd bank on a 4.0 or 4.5, possibly a 5.0 if that back cover gets cleaned up and those non-color breaking dents and creases are pressed out.