• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Press or not to press?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have an X-Factor 5 signed by Joe Rubinstein graded 9.6. I was wondering if a press can improve the grade.

Graders notes are: Light spine wear & stress barely breaks color. Light edge bend top back cover.

Any opinion.

Thanks!

It's a gamble, honestly, without seeing the book up close....just think, it might come back with a popped staple or a smeared signature or etc, etc....  If you plan to keep the book, I'd leave it as is but if you need to sell it and there is a really significant price increase well then it'll be a harder bet to place. 

The last 9.8 on eBay that sold with Rubinstein’s sig also had Ron Frenz sig and barely cracked $80. I can’t see it really being worth the pressing and grading fees to be honest. If it’s a book for your personal collection and you want a 9.8 I’d probably buy one and sell the 9.6 as is. 

Edited by wiparker824

Well you can buy this CGC SS 9.8 with sigs by Frenz, Rubenstein, Simonson for $175+$12 = $187  TODAY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Factor-5-CGC-SS-x3-9-8-Signed-Simonson-Frenz-Rubinstein-Marvel-2006-White-Pg/371860959289?hash=item5694a3f039:g:DDwAAOSwnHZYmkCf

Maybe try to sell the one you have for $40-50 and buy the one above

OR YOU can press and regrade yours signed by JUST THE INKER for Shipping w/insurance to CCS ($14), $5 CCS handling, $12 Pressing fee, $5 CGC handling, $30 CGC SS grading, $15 return shipping = $81 and wait around 6 MONTHS for a CHANCE to improve your grade. 

Good luck.

14 hours ago, revat said:

Well you can buy this CGC SS 9.8 with sigs by Frenz, Rubenstein, Simonson for $175+$12 = $187  TODAY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Factor-5-CGC-SS-x3-9-8-Signed-Simonson-Frenz-Rubinstein-Marvel-2006-White-Pg/371860959289?hash=item5694a3f039:g:DDwAAOSwnHZYmkCf

Maybe try to sell the one you have for $40-50 and buy the one above

OR YOU can press and regrade yours signed by JUST THE INKER for Shipping w/insurance to CCS ($14), $5 CCS handling, $12 Pressing fee, $5 CGC handling, $30 CGC SS grading, $15 return shipping = $81 and wait around 6 MONTHS for a CHANCE to improve your grade. 

Good luck.

Yeah, I will keep it and get a 9.8. Thanks for the advice.

3 hours ago, JWKyle said:

The Spine ticks will probably keep it down if you count 2 or more probably no worth the money involved to try and upgrade

Not worth it. Thanks.

Is not a really expensive book so, is better to buy a 9.8