• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Houston Comic Art Collectors Gathering for 2019

39 posts in this topic

@MrBedrock, Richard Evans, wants us to know that he'll be hosting a gathering later this year for comic art collectors. So, your planning!

We anticipate it occurring late summer/early fall comic art gathering at the Bedrock location at 6516 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77057. 

I hope our members in Texas cities like Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, Waco, the Metroplex, Beaumont will all attend.

More information as it becomes available. Feel free to post questions here and I'll get answers.

Image result for bedrockcity.com westheimer

I would love some feedback on days and dates that would work. I am leaning towards early September. Do y'all prefer mid-week or weekends?

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I would love some feedback on days and dates that would work. I am leaning towards early September. Do y'all prefer mid-week or weekends?

I travel a lot during the week so generally the weekend is better.

21 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Hey Richard!  Please consider having it on the evening of September 7 or 8, since we'll already be in town for SoHC. 

2 hours ago, Weird Paper said:

Hey Richard!  Please consider having it on the evening of September 7 or 8, since we'll already be in town for SoHC. 

That is a pretty good plan, though it could get kind of hectic.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:14 AM, Weird Paper said:

What’s SoHC?

18 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Alrighty...here we go...

Bedrock City Comic Co. will be hosting...

I haven't lived in the Houston area since October 1989 and generally don't miss it (humidity!) but...now I do. Ya'll have fun! (again!!)

As we get a little closer to the show if those of you who are planning to attend could post here or pm me it would be very helpful. I want to have enough food, drinks and display area to accommodate everyone. We gone do this up right y'all!

Count me in two.

If fact, plan to count me in every time this thread hits page two ... :foryou:

On 7/29/2019 at 2:03 PM, MrBedrock said:

Alrighty...here we go...

Bedrock City Comic Co. will be hosting an original comic art gathering, meet and greet, show and tell, fun-fest (or whatever else you want to call it) on Saturday, September 7th starting around 7:00pm and ending whenever. This is the evening of the Son of HoustonCon show (an old-style vintage comic and collectibles convention), which closes at 5:00pm Saturday afternoon, so folks should have some time to freshen up, get some art together and make the trip to the store. Our address is 6516-D Westheimer Rd. Houston TX 77057. We are about twenty minutes from the Wyndham at the corner of Westheimer and Voss. This will not necessarily be open to the public, but anyone who posts regularly here, anyone who travels into town for the show, and most of the regular locals are certainly invited. I will be providing drinks and pizza - woohoo! So mark your calendars! If you have any questions at all please pm me here, email me at richard@bedrockcity.com or call my cell at 713-412-7259.

Thanks!

Richard

:bump: