• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is something wrong with the label to my Action Comics #4?

3 posts in this topic

I can't get at my copy just now, but if you have the Action Comics Archives you can look up the issue more easily.  I have too much stuff in the way, so I can't get at the book.  instead of "pages" missing, it sounds like actual paper is missing, so not page 2 & 4, but leaves which would be story pages 3 & 4 and story pages 7 & 8, maybe?  I can't get your pictures to load, so I don't know what it looks like.  "page 4" could also be a pure advertising page, so it was torn out and no story is missing.  there's too much to speculate about this.

I believe that is a typo on the CGC label, and it should say "page 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 missing".  Each of those pages has a front and back, so there are 5 front "sides" and 5 backs which can't be read.  There are 13 "sides" of pages for the Superman story and that issue of Action Comics #4 contains 4 of the 13 "sides".  There are 5 missing Superman fronts and 4 missing Superman backs.  The other missing back is the first side of the Chuck Dawson story.

Edited by valiantman