• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you see the book you underpriced immediately flipped
2 2

88 posts in this topic

Just now, romanheart said:

You must have made sufficient profit off of it to have sold it in the first place, so why be upset? There are tons of things that one could do better in their life everyday. You have to roll with it.

Yeah but I goofed on the BIN price and he got a great deal on it. But... like you said I did make profit on it.

And the little flipper didn't even have the courtesy of giving me a positive feedback. Hmph! :sumo:

1 minute ago, jcjames said:

Yeah but I goofed on the BIN price and he got a great deal on it. But... like you said I did make profit on it.

And the little flipper didn't even have the courtesy of giving me a positive feedback. Hmph! :sumo:

You made profit. That's what you focus on. I think you are not alone including myself. I sold stuff at a bargain because of my own stupidity because of my grading inexperience. I learnt from it.

Also, I never expect feedback anymore. Probably if they don't, it's better that way.

7 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

By how much was the book underpriced? Did you mean to price it higher when first listed, or did the book heat up and you hadn't gotten around to changing the price?

At least double, probably more. I knew it was hot and put it up for 3-day auction, but for some dumb reason set the BIN way too low. I didn't realize it until about 2 minutes later, as I tried to revise, it was bought. Oh well.

I remember I did the same with a Conan #1 a few years ago, I made a good amount on it, but the guy who flipped it sold it in about a week for double.

*it happens, but it still tastes like *it when it happens.

39 minutes ago, jcjames said:

When you see the hot book that you accidentally underpriced and that was immediately snatched off Feebay, then the same day the buyer receives the book it's relisted, and you know you blew it. :tonofbricks:

Lost.jpg

After-a-while you get immune to it. Want to really blow your mind, start thinking about books you had 20+ years ago that you sold. I remember having a nice VG Action Comics 13, and well....

It's part of the business.

20 minutes ago, jcjames said:
49 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

At least you weren't asked to drop ship it. 

I don't know that that means. (shrug)

Years ago, someone bought a book from tupenny's selling thread.  Paid for it.  Then asked tupenny to drop ship it to the person the buyer just sold it to. 

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Years ago, someone bought a book from tupenny's selling thread.  Paid for it.  Then asked tupenny to drop ship it to the person the buyer just sold it to. 

OMG lol

Wow.

12 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Pretty sure it was drop ship it to C-Link.

1 minute ago, seanfingh said:
4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Pretty sure it was drop ship it to C-Link.

That rings a bell.