• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you see the book you underpriced immediately flipped
2 2

88 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Years ago, someone bought a book from tupenny's selling thread.  Paid for it.  Then asked tupenny to drop ship it to the person the buyer just sold it to. 

I might have that one beat.

I sold a book on the boards, buyer kept asking me to hurry and send the book. The multiple emails so quickly seemed a bit strange. Sure enough the buyer had already put my scan up on e-bayLightened the scan and bumped the grade up.

Here's another one.

I just bought a Church pedigree book. Another person put an ad in the CBG selling the same book days later. Then contacting me trying to buy it so he could sell it for more.

I ended up selling to him.

2 minutes ago, Rip said:

Here's another one.

I just bought a Church pedigree book. Another person put an ad in the CBG selling the same book days later. Then contacting me trying to buy it so he could sell it for more.

I ended up selling to him.

why not just put your own ad out?

54 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Years ago, someone bought a book from tupenny's selling thread.  Paid for it.  Then asked tupenny to drop ship it to the person the buyer just sold it to. 

I thought it was Tupenny who bought it and asked to be shipped to someone else?

1 minute ago, Park said:

Tupenny bought the Walt Simonson Thor / Beta Ray Bill poster and asked for it to be drop shipped after he got an offer right after he posted the take it.

I sold Shad 2 Avengers books that he wanted me to drop ship for him.

A certain member bought an Avengers 57 for his collection and immediately flipped it for a nice profit. That one was of course a misunderstanding.

51 minutes ago, Rip said:

I might have that one beat.

I sold a book on the boards, buyer kept asking me to hurry and send the book. The multiple emails so quickly seemed a bit strange. Sure enough the buyer had already put my scan up on e-bayLightened the scan and bumped the grade up.

Other than those that outright say "pre-order", isn't it against eBay policy to sell stuff that is not on-hand?

32 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
37 minutes ago, Park said:

Tupenny bought the Walt Simonson Thor / Beta Ray Bill poster and asked for it to be drop shipped after he got an offer right after he posted the take it.

Man, I really got that story mixed up. 

15 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Man, I really got that story mixed up. 

I only remember it because he pulled the trigger before I could, it's a pretty sweet poster :cloud9:

4 hours ago, jcjames said:

When you see the hot book that you accidentally underpriced and that was immediately snatched off Feebay, then the same day the buyer receives the book it's relisted, and you know you blew it. :tonofbricks:

Lost.jpg

I actually posted a book on facebook that I had just got back from CGC and I priced it undervalued 

Well doesnt a buyer scroll through my facebook page and find it in the raw version

I was selling said book for $525

And I have a pic of me holding it with a clear sticker price of $275

8 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

That’s the one :x

I nearly forgot I even had it. Got it in my monthly Diamond box back in the day. It's been sitting comfortably in a box of miscellaneous stuff for the last 36 years. If you hadn't mentioned it, I probably wouldn't even remember it for another couple decades :)

1 hour ago, bc said:

I nearly forgot I even had it. Got it in my monthly Diamond box back in the day. It's been sitting comfortably in a box of miscellaneous stuff for the last 36 years. If you hadn't mentioned it, I probably wouldn't even remember it for another couple decades :)

So, um...any chance you'd be willing to sell it?