• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Action Comics 242

21 posts in this topic

Looks like a solid copy with a nice back that could be cleaned and pressed flat.  With that said the front spine wear and upper right corner wear cannot be undone and will limit your grade to a 4.5 i’d Think. Maybe 5.0 on a very good day?

What a great book.  I'd love to own a copy some day.

My initial, immediate impression is 3.0/3.5.  That purple cover really does not hide anything.  But then i see Dey saying G/F.  Then I look in the CGG vol 2 and i'm thinking even 3.0 is pushing it, given the sheer amount of wear.  Then there is the GA bump to consider (although this is technically Atomic Age, tbh).

I think the wear in the URC keeps it lower than a G/F.  Hard to be more sure without seeing it in hand, since darker covers tend to look worse in scans.

(shrug)

18 hours ago, divad said:

:whistle:

TOS40CGC5.jpg

Agreed that worse and looks like a gift grade to me but no real creasing so you are dealing with marvel chipping and overflash damage.    Choose your poisons over multiple color breaking creases and spine wear.  That 40 has a decent spine 

1 hour ago, Comicdey said:

Agreed that worse and looks like a gift grade to me but no real creasing so you are dealing with marvel chipping and overflash damage.    Choose your poisons over multiple color breaking creases and spine wear.  That 40 has a decent spine 

What’s overflash damage?

Edited by RobZe

1 minute ago, RobZe said:

How is that graded?  Seems like it’s partially a printing defect?

Nope it’s the wear that occurs when mishandled but yes it’s easy to have happen.