• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did anyone attend the IDW Artist Edition Panel at SDCC 2019?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

Did anyone attend the IDW Artist Edition Panel at SDCC 2019? I have been looking for a recap of any announcements that came out of it and I can't find any. I heard Ditko's Mr. A is going to be collected. I was wondering if there were any updates on the Wrightson Frankenstein AE or if any additional Artist Editions were announced. Thanks!

There is (this is from another forum I belong to):

Darwyn Cooke - They are reissuing the Parker Martini Edition and coming out with a second volume:  Martini Edition: Last Call

The EC Covers AE will be more than 50 % covers that have not been in AE format before.  No percentage was actually discussed.

Cockrum X-Men Artifact Edition Next Year.

Frankenstein next year.  Will have a lot of other material and sketches.

John Byrne Artifact Edition  in October looks great.

Also discussed was the Roy G. Krenkel Centennial Book out in October.  Not technically an AE but all of the art was shot from the originals.

Marvel Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt - next year.

Complete Mr. A  --2 volumes, maybe three.  Looks like the Ditko family will be  releasing much of his work in the coming years.

4 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

There is (this is from another forum I belong to):

Darwyn Cooke - They are reissuing the Parker Martini Edition and coming out with a second volume:  Martini Edition: Last Call

The EC Covers AE will be more than 50 % covers that have not been in AE format before.  No percentage was actually discussed.

Cockrum X-Men Artifact Edition Next Year.

Frankenstein next year.  Will have a lot of other material and sketches.

John Byrne Artifact Edition  in October looks great.

Also discussed was the Roy G. Krenkel Centennial Book out in October.  Not technically an AE but all of the art was shot from the originals.

Marvel Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt - next year.

Complete Mr. A  --2 volumes, maybe three.  Looks like the Ditko family will be  releasing much of his work in the coming years.

Well these all sound amazing. I was curious if an how they were going to bulk up the Frankenstein. Thank you for the information! I really appreciate it.

24 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

I heard IDW will be shutting down its AE line. This must be what they still have in the pipeline. No mention of Steranko's Shield.

Oh no that's awful news...I am so sorry to hear that.

On 7/26/2019 at 12:17 PM, Brian Peck said:

I heard IDW will be shutting down its AE line. This must be what they still have in the pipeline. No mention of Steranko's Shield.

Really? I haven't been able to afford any AE for some time now but they are lovely. Hope they don't shut them down.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:17 AM, thethedew said:

I have a message which IDW's Scott Dunbier requested I forward to the good folks reading this thread:

While the line is certainly slowing down, which it needs to after 75 or so books from IDW alone, but—with apologies to Mark Twain—the reports of our demise are greatly exaggerated.
More to come, unfounded rumors be d----d.
Best, 
Scott

There ya go.  From the Horse's mouth, etc.
Andrew

Thank you very much for the update Andrew!!!  And for being the bearer of good news!!! This is very great to hear.