• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Fantastic 4 #55

8 posts in this topic

Wow! Such an awesome book to have in any condition! I believe it would grade at 2.5. I don't think it could grade much higher as it has some water damage, a fairly severe roll to it and although the cover seems to be attached it looks as though some of the interior pages may be loose? Perhaps the centerfold? Great to see it, thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

Wow! Such an awesome book to have in any condition! I believe it would grade at 2.5. I don't think it could grade much higher as it has some water damage, a fairly severe roll to it and although the cover seems to be attached it looks as though some of the interior pages may be loose? Perhaps the centerfold? Great to see it, thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I'm the original owner, bought this one in 1966 when I was 11. I have a ton of other Silver age comics, most probably in about the same condition, some in better. I finally retired and am just now getting around to seeing what if anything my comics are worth. Digging them out and looking at them really brings back memories.

I love that pose the surfer is taking!  Original owner!  Wow!

I'm a 3.0 here, spine damage, stain, looks like dents (or is that the bag?), not seeing the above mentioned rip (are you talking the chunk out at top right of back near the stain?).  

Stain on the back is a killer, CGC might ding you harder than I do.  Getting a press will fix the roll and any dents, also will just make the book look better.

Really cool book

52 minutes ago, RobZe said:

I love that pose the surfer is taking!  Original owner!  Wow!

I'm a 3.0 here, spine damage, stain, looks like dents (or is that the bag?), not seeing the above mentioned rip (are you talking the chunk out at top right of back near the stain?).  

Stain on the back is a killer, CGC might ding you harder than I do.  Getting a press will fix the roll and any dents, also will just make the book look better.

Really cool book

Thanks everyone for your opinions, it's very helpful. And no there is not a rip on the cover at all, front or back. There is a stain on the back top right corner.

12 hours ago, Boogster said:

Thanks, I'm the original owner, bought this one in 1966 when I was 11. I have a ton of other Silver age comics, most probably in about the same condition, some in better. I finally retired and am just now getting around to seeing what if anything my comics are worth. Digging them out and looking at them really brings back memories.

That's what it's all about, man...memories...  :cloud9: