• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Collection
1 1

64 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Updated list has been added to the Original post

Are people supposed to be on the lookout for superman 4 - 70 inc run or superman 76, 106, 114, 138,

Action Comics  Nos. 14, 16, 18, up to 107 or Action 22, 138, 173, 216, 277, 314

etc.

Many discrepancies in initial and updated list.

56 minutes ago, kav said:

Are people supposed to be on the lookout for superman 4 - 70 inc run or superman 76, 106, 114, 138,

etc.

Is that it? The $80Gs worth listed on the updated post? Or is there another $120Gs not yet listed by joe and/or Bob?

Edited by James J Johnson

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Is that it? $80Gs worth? Or is there another $120Gs not yet listed by Bob?

I'm confused, now.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Unless otherwise noted, I gather that is the revised list.

So if someone is selling superman 4-70 inc. just go ahead with the purchase?

59 minutes ago, kav said:

etc.

Probably the way Joe Latino initially quickly cobbled the list together to get it to Bob ASAP and was meant to be Action 18 (and others) up to 107. Not being specific as yet as to which ones.

1 minute ago, kav said:

So if someone is selling superman 4-70 inc. just go ahead with the purchase?

I think it was meant to be individual issues in the Superman 4 to 70 range, but at that point, time of the essence, Joe wasn't specific about which ones. Now we have the accurate list, which supersedes Bob's initial list, I think; someone please correct me if wrong.

1 minute ago, blazingbob said:

Honestly guys,  I am doing the best I can with what I'm being sent.  Joe hasn't finalized the list,  he sends what he can and I'm posting it.  

we dont really need fully accurate list anyone tries to sell these books in this range and it will be red flag city.

12 minutes ago, kav said:

we dont really need fully accurate list anyone tries to sell these books in this range and it will be red flag city.

make sure to inform him to notify pawn shops as I've seen an increase in pawn sellers on ebay selling comics. 

the next area would be Facebook and instagarm comic book sales.

Edited by justafan

1 minute ago, justafan said:

make sure to inform him to notify pawn shops as I've seen an increase in pawn sellers on ebay selong comics. 

the next area would be Facebook and instagarm comic book sales.

Time is issue as they say in snakebite ER

For those who need to know

Hi Bob:

It doesn't add up to $200,000.00 yet because I haven't had time to put together the list of the runs of Actiion Comics, Superman Comics, the World's Finest Comics and the All Flash Comics!  The original total came to $117,000 (the Timelys plus the lst appearance issues)  plus another $27,000 for the slabbed books. The list of "slabbed" books primarily included books bought from the auction houses (some of them were not slabbed, but that is not what I'm talking about. For example, there were several unslabbed World's finest books listed, but that is just a fraction of the World's Finest Comics which include World's Fair 1940, WF No 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10 and so forth all the way up to issue 110. (Also I didn't keep all the books in one place so I have to be careful not to include books that weren't stolen).   But the current total is $147,000 plus the Golden Age unslabbed books that I am putting together.  So when I put together the update of the Superman, Action and World's Finest comics, All Flash and miscellaneous comics , the total will be well over $200K.

The problem is that most of the books in storage were never slabbed but they were extensive runs which were purchased over the last 30 years.  Some of the Supermans were bought during the Sotheby/s/Christies era!
That's how long I've owned some of these books.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:42 AM, batman_fan said:

I had a storage unit that got robbed. I didn’t keep comics in it but the cop that did the report told us they are very popular for thieves. They come in one day and pull the numbers from the locks. Get the keys and come back with keys and a big truck and clean out units. 

now I know how to get rid of all my high grade 90s, 00s and 10s drek. 

Geeze another comic Robert, been very popular among thieves lately. Never store anything valuable in a storage unit ever, could possibly be an inside job too. Someone knows he has some valuable comics stored, how else can they know. 

Hope the thieves get caught and all books returned to owner. Will be on the lookout online.

If this was the only unit broken into, time for Walter White to get involved in the recovery.