• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Experiences with "Wonderful World of Animation" (LA)?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have bought a few pieces from them in the past. I work in animation and was working on a book about the Art of Peanuts Animation. The nice folks at the gallery allowed me to come browse the work that they had in the store. They also provided scans of a few items that we ended up using in the book. 

Since I got to know them a bit, I ended up buying a few pieces. The biggest spend was on a Mary Blair painting from Peter Pan. They were great in negotiating a bit of back and forth with the owner of the painting who was consigning it to them for sale. Pretty smooth transaction. 

I see them at events every so often. There is an animation centric event called CTN every year in Burbank, CA. They usually have a booth there. Folks seem to have no issues buying from them at shows. 

Hope that helps. Smooth dealing every time I've communicated with them. Hope you have a similar experience if you buy from them.